Shooting at an Omaha, NE high school-breaking news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting at an Omaha, NE high school-breaking news

Police say they are investigating a shooting at a high school in Omaha, Nebraska.

Our sister station in Omaha, WOWT, is reporting that at least one person was shot at Millard South High School and the suspect is on the loose. Reports say an adult male shot a teacher at the school.

Police were called to the school at 149th and Q streets around 12:50 p.m. Police tell WOWT the victim was taken to Creighton University Medical Center in critical condition.

The school went into lockdown following the shooting.

Wednesday was the first day of classes following the winter break.
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

What is wrong with people these days!!! Can we all just get along!
    Originally posted by Da Prez
    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Update:

Two people were shot at Millard South High School Wednesday afternoon. The suspect was later found dead. Sources tell Channel 6 News Principal Dr. Curtis Case was one of the wounded.

Neither victim was a student. Both are adult males. Police located the red Honda they were looking for north of 147th and F.

Police were called to the school at 149th and Q streets around 12:50 p.m. to investigate the report of multiple shots being fired. All Millard district schools were in lockdown as a precaution. Only Millard South remains in lockdown with dismissal time to be announced.

Parents of Millard South students are being asked to gather at Divine Shepherd Lutheran Church at 15005 Q Street.

Wednesday was the first day of classes following the winter break.

Omaha Mayor Jim Suttle is monitoring the shooting at Millard South High School and is in contact with Police Chief Alex Hayes. The mayor released the following statement:

“Our immediate concern is about the safety of the students and teachers at the school. “It is our hope that citizens in the area will cooperate with the Omaha Police Department as they work to control activity at the scene and in the surrounding area.”

Channel 6 News is at the scene and will have further details as they become available.

Token Split Tail

You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

This is happening way too often. I never feared someone bringing a gun to school growing up. Now they have drills at my kids schools so they will know what to do it it ever happened here. The kids from Columbine really created a monster. Scary times.

Comment

shit like this makes me hesitate to have anymore kids.

Society as a whole really is deteriorating. I still worry about how my son will have to live when I see stories like this.

Comment

fucking white people!

god bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

We're considering a relocation to Omaha and the Millard area was on the list of places to see. Perhaps not.
              - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
              1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by red95gts View Post
                We're considering a relocation to Omaha and the Millard area was on the list of places to see. Perhaps not.
                I lived in Omaha for 20 years and grew up there, its a completely random event. Omaha is a very quiet city and a very nice place to live, if you can get over the suck winters.
                2002 4.6L 5spd S281

So fast i make speedy gonzales look like regular gonzales

Comment

Really though it's bad all over. Like said above these things have become a monster and are happening often
                  99 Mustang Project JSTA2V
                  going from really slow to just alittle slow

2013 Focus ST the daily cruising the 4 banger

Comment

Originally posted by spederman View Post
                    I lived in Omaha for 20 years and grew up there, its a completely random event. Omaha is a very quiet city and a very nice place to live, if you can get over the suck winters.
                    I grew up in OKC and to me, Omaha has a very similar feel to it. It's a city where you can go to a public event and not be surrounded by wild animals.

Sadly, these types of shootings are random events that no one can seem to predict, although I have to wonder what this kid's family situation was like. I'm assuming not too healthy.
                    - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
                    1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

WTF happened to meeting at the flag pole to settle BS?

Update:
                      The Millard South High student who allegedly shot his principal and an assistant principal Wednesday afternoon was the son of an Omaha police detective.

Robert Butler Jr. was found dead in a car about 1:30 p.m. after Principal Curtis Case and Assistant Principal Vicki Kaspar were shot inside the school.

Case was listed mid-afternoon in serious but stable condition at Creighton University Medical Center.
                      Kaspar was in critical condition at Creighton.

Robert was the son of Omaha Police Det. Robert Butler. The younger Butler's body was found in a red Honda Accord in the 3900 block of South 147th St. Authorities requested an ambulance for the suspect.

A witness near the scene said the suspect was dead inside the vehicle.

Kendall Woodward, who works in an office near the scene where the suspect's car was located, said he heard an engine rev, slow down, rev and slow down. Then police cars descended on the area.

Woodward later saw the ambulance leave without anybody inside.

Parent Milton Lopez said he heard about the shooting from his son, who received a text message about it from his sister, who is a senior at Millard South.

"I got so nervous," he said.

Then he got some text messages from his daughter, 17. One, at 1:21 p.m., said, "I'll call you when I can. Love you mom and dad."

A couple minutes later, he got another that said, "Don't worry. I'm hiding."

"I'd never expect this to happen in a little town like Omaha," Lopez said.

Parents began picking up their students shortly after 1:30 p.m. at Divine Shephard Lutheran Church, just to the west of the school. Other parents gathered at a church across Q Street from Millard South.
                      Advertising

As police were headed to the school, the suspect was seen fleeing in the two-door Honda Accord. They located the car within 30 minutes.

Immediately following the shooting, police headed to an apartment where the suspect was believed to live. They also learned that the suspect's mother might live in Lincoln, and advised the Nebraska State Patrol.

The suspect's name has not been released by officials.

A SWAT team was called to the location and barreled into the school just before 1:15 p.m.

All Millard schools were locked down following the shooting, but the lockdown was lifted just before 2 p.m.

Today was the first day of school following holiday break.
                      Last edited by GhostTX; 01-05-2011, 03:14 PM.
                      "Self-government won't work without self-discipline." - Paul Harvey

Comment

Originally posted by GhostTX View Post
                        WTF happened to meeting at the flag pole to settle BS?

Update:

http://www.omaha.com/article/2011010...ncipal-injured
                        Wow.
                        Token Split Tail

Comment

Originally posted by spederman View Post
                          Grew up there... left 27 years ago & it was changing then. Anyone remember the shootings at westroads mall several years ago???

Millard isn't that bad an area, but i'd imagine the kids folks have Money issues... just a guess.

Comment

I grew up in OKC and to me, Omaha has a very similar feel to it. It's a city where you can go to a public event and not be surrounded by wild animals.

Sadly, these types of shootings are random events that no one can seem to predict, although I have to wonder what this kid's family situation was like. I'm assuming not too healthy.
                            Maybe it's because my extended family that's from OKC is all white trash but I've always left OKC with the impression that it is one of the shittiest cities in America.

Comment

what a fucking moron... if you're going to off yourself, leave other people out of it
                              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                              X