X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DEAL: Logitech Harmony 1100 Touchscreen Remote

$159 - Factory Recertified

Decent deal as I did pay $400 for mine.

Thanks for the heads up. I bought one for my media room.

Comment

I have had one for a few years, I hate the delay it has but have gotten used to it. I was shocked a while back when I had to get my Uverse remote out to troubleshoot a issue and found out how quick the stock remote responded. And yes I have messed with the delays in the harmony's settings. All of them currently at 0ms and it still has a good second of delay between commands.

Also hate having to use two hands to work the remote!

Comment

Originally posted by Lason View Post
        I have had one for a few years, I hate the delay it has but have gotten used to it. I was shocked a while back when I had to get my Uverse remote out to troubleshoot a issue and found out how quick the stock remote responded. And yes I have messed with the delays in the harmony's settings. All of them currently at 0ms and it still has a good second of delay between commands.

Also hate having to use two hands to work the remote!
        It's the firmware/software they use, all of their remotes have done it forever.
        "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
        "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I've been just using the harmony to turn everything on, then using the regular Comcast remote for my dvr.
          "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
            I've been just using the harmony to turn everything on, then using the regular Comcast remote for my dvr.
            I use a Harmony 900 at the moment. I was going to buy an 1100, but I've had quite the history of smashing my remote LCD's so I figured that wouldn't be a good idea. The remotes work great if you have a shit load of peripherals in your home theater. I use mine for my tv, xbox, hddvd, bluray, projector, laptop, dvr, receiver, etc. But it's slow to switch between devices, and it's a little clumsy at times, but overall it works well operating multiple devices simultaneously.
            "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
            "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

good deal for sure... I just rock the 12 remotes or so till I go full Crestron... probably wait till I move and build the theater.

Comment

Originally posted by FATHERFORD View Post
                If you've got an iPad and wifi, you can control the DVR with their app, and it doesn't have to be line of sight. It works sooo much better than the slow channel menu, just scroll through on your iPad, and tap the channel that you want to watch. You can tap on specific shows to see their little synopsis, and can also set up shows to be recorded and what not.

You can also do the same on their website from a laptop or computer, just not as conveniently. They may even have an adroid app by now.

Comment

Working...
                X