Houston, where to stay....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston, where to stay....

Trying to find a decent place to stay between Houston and Galveston. Anyone familiar with that area? We are flying into Houston Hobby so hope to find something that is on the way.

Tom Bodeft has the light on for you!

Comment

I'd head south into galveston. As with any place I have been, the vicinity near the airport is not the highest of quality. Kemah, and down that way by space center would be better imo but it has been years since I was down there.
      Rich

Comment

I stayed at the Days Inn on Airport Rd, just down the road from Hobby, last week. The neighborhood isn't the greatest, but the hotel was good, and not expensive.
        "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Hobby is in the middle of the ghetto. I'd stay in Webster/Clear Lake or down close to the island
          - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
          1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

There are several hotels along I45 in the Clear Lake, Webster, League City area.

Comment

Webster is very nice. excellent sushi bar there.
              May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
              Semper Fi

Comment

Away

Comment

The Woodlands isn't bad. There's a La Quinta that I've stayed at on 45 that's reasonable and has food nearby.

Comment

Stay home.

Comment

Originally posted by diablo rojo View Post
                      The Woodlands isn't bad. There's a La Quinta that I've stayed at on 45 that's reasonable and has food nearby.
                      That's not between Houston and Galveston. That's 45 minutes north of Houston.

I would suggest Clear Lake.

Comment

Travelocity has the Boardwalk Inn in Kemah as one of its deals for $80/night.

Comment

As a general rule, stay outside Beltway 8 (aka Sam Houston Tollway) and you'll be ok. Anything inside BW8 is typically a dump, Galleria and downtown excluded.
                          - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
                          1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

stay clear of GreensPoint aka GunsPoint
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by red95gts View Post
                              Anything inside BW8 is typically a dump, Galleria and downtown excluded.
                              Marriott was pretty nice

Comment

Working...
                              X