My last day on corporate america...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My last day on corporate america...

As most of you have already seen at some point or other (Facebook etc). I'm leaving my 'steady job' in corporate america - Today.

After nearly 6 years in the 'wealth management' (technology side), I've had enough. I've turned down so much work, business etc. because I didn't have time or space to do it.

It's a WIERD feeling to leave a good job with benifits, whether they are 'good' or not, and go to work on your own where you REALLY have to pay for that stuff.. I just come to the realization that I'm not cut out for 'working for the man'. Who knows, some day that may change - but for now, it's all about the shop and getting started.

I'm excited and nervous all at the same time.

In the next two weeks I'll get the 'business stuff' ironed out and start booking work for the new year. Man, so much to do, so little time.

Best of luck to you man. You seem like you've got your shit together. I don't think you're going to have any problems.

Comment

you'll kill it brooks. i'm jealous.

Comment

man, It's refreshing to hear that from more than one person. The reassurance makes me sleep better at night.

Eric, make sure to come out and check out the shop when the 'grand opening' happens.

Comment

You are gonna kick as man . I know you are gonna be slammed just make sure you keep the quality when you get large .
          Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
            You are gonna kick as man . I know you are gonna be slammed just make sure you keep the quality when you get large .
            Thanks Jim!

You can ask anyone I know who's worked with me on some of my projects..I can't handle things that aren't 100%. It drives me nuts to see a weld in plain sight that isn't 'perfect', or a crossover pipe that's not parallel to the core support etc. I lose sleep over that shit!

Comment

You're going to do great!

Comment

It is scary Brooks, but you'll do it. You already have an excellent reputation, which is most of the battle.

The hard part is getting people to continue giving your name out...
                www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                  man, It's refreshing to hear that from more than one person. The reassurance makes me sleep better at night.

Eric, make sure to come out and check out the shop when the 'grand opening' happens.

Free dyno tuning for the '13?

Comment

Congrats man!
                    Originally posted by Da Prez
                    Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
                    Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Congrats. If you can keep the same caliber of work you've done in the past and provide good customer service you'll do just fine.

In most industries customer service sucks.

Oh and hoping to be a customers in 2013.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by turbostang View Post
                        Thanks Jim!

You can ask anyone I know who's worked with me on some of my projects..I can't handle things that aren't 100%. It drives me nuts to see a weld in plain sight that isn't 'perfect', or a crossover pipe that's not parallel to the core support etc. I lose sleep over that shit!
                        I know you have the quality and attention to detail . I will bring you everyone I can and let me know if you need help with getting anything up and going . I am not sure what I can help with but I always have man power and a flat bed truck if its needed .
                        Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Congrats again man!

Edit, did you ever come up with a shop name?

Comment

Best of luck. No matter how big you get, stay modest, don't take in more work than you can reasonably turn out, focus on honesty, integrity, and quality. Basically, everything you've always hated about "performance shops", don't do that.

Comment

“Risk comes from not knowing what you're doing.” Warren Buffett

You'll be fine Brooks, you'll learn along the way, face and overcome challenges you never knew existed and become a business man.

Unless you cock everything up

Comment

Working...
                              X