Hardwood floors and a large dog

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rick the Home Inspector View Post
    I would consider the stained concrete as mentioned. I go into homes all the time and most of them that have wood floors and dogs that shed there is always hair scattered about everywhere.

Rick
    Oh don't get me wrong...we have a shit ton of dog hair. I just use a crazy powerful vacum and use if pretty often. But with the 4 dogs, it sure makes for easy mess clean up. One of them is always sneaking off & making a mess.

A word of advice about stained concrete. Be sure you use the best sealant you can find, cost be damned, and make sure your slab isn't constantly damp or the sealant will bubble up any way. True Story!
    sigpic

Comment

Vacuum
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
        You'll probably have to sweep / swifter every day.
        I have to. It's a bitch.

Comment

We have terrazzo tile and I can tell you it is a daily chore with the dog hair. We do have 3 dogs though. A 95lbs lab, 70lb lab/hound mix and a 15lb rat dog.

Dogs are allowed in the two carpeted areas downstairs (bedroom and a kid's playroom) and aren't allowed upstairs which is 100% carpet.
          Originally posted by Denny
          I call dibs on Don's balls!

Comment

I'm about to do wood from my kitchen to the bedrooms in the next couple of month. I'm honestly hoping it will slow my dog down with the lack of traction. When I take her over to my parents she learned real quick she couldn't run on the wood in their dinning room. She will haul ass across the carpet and tile then stop and walk across the wood.

Comment

Originally posted by Chili View Post
              You'll probably have to sweep / swifter every day.
              we have wood floors and 3 dogs (2 pugs and 1 cattle dog) and i run the swifter evey other day. thats just the cost of having dogs
              I've learned that pleasing everyone is impossible,

but pissing everyone off is a piece of cake

Comment

I have an english mastiff and my floors stay clean all the time, just like my laundry it magically appears washed and folded in my drawers.

Comment

I didnt read the whole thing but get rid of the damn dog.

Comment

Had hardwood floors for a brief period and a 125lbs rottweiler. It didn't end well for the floors.

Comment

My parents have a 75 lb. Collie. They have hardwood floors and it does show the scrapes and indention. It's not really that noticeable unless you really look, but it is apparent. It's unavoidable, unless you have your pet declawed. I have tile in my house. No blemishes and easy to clean.

Comment

We have three big dogs and a puggle with hardwoods.

We also have a maid

Otherwise, we'd be fucked.

Comment

Working...
                        X