No announcement yet.

Geminid Meteor Shower peaks tonight...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Geminid Meteor Shower peaks tonight...

A few scattered Geminids can be spotted shortly after sunset tonight. The show will really start picking up around 10 p.m. local time, experts say, and it should peak at 2 a.m. or so. You won’t need binoculars or a telescope to see the shooting stars; just crane your neck up, preferably in a spot away from bright city lights.

Just as I'm getting off from work. Nice. Bet I won't use that as an excuse to skip the gym.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I've been looking forward to this. With a new moon it should be a good show. I'm going to take one of the dogs for a walk out in the woods along the Trinity late tonight. That's about the darkest spot I can get here in N. Arlington.

Comment

Is this a bigger one that the Leonid and Perseid?
        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
          Is this a bigger one that the Leonid and Perseid?
          Don't think its bigger but with the new moon (dark sky) is a huge help.

So it's called the Geminids because the meteors will originate in the constellation Gemini. This is a predictable, every-year-thing show. They are thinking there could be a second, new, show originating in Pisces tonight also, which would be visible earlier (in the evening) as the new shower's radiant point comes across the night sky before Gemini.

If last night (pre-peak) is any indication it should be good. South TX last night / early this morning was getting one every two min or so.

Comment

I am hoping it turns out as they say, 100 per hour. Now just have to hope the clouds don't roll in too earl

Comment

I saw a beautiful one this morning going into work at 4:49 am.

It lasted quite a while and finished a beautiful finale..

Comment

I counted three in about 10 minutes....... The neighbors thought I was drunk holdin my whiskey and staring up at the sky hehe.

Comment

Fucking light pollution.

Comment

I've been going out and looking, but it's hard to see anything in the middle of the city. Plus, it was pretty cloudy earlier.
                    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

I remember a couple of years ago around this time I saw one on my way to work around 6:15 AM and thought for sure it hit the ground somewhere in North Fort Worth. The thing was fucking massive.

Cool story I know, but I remember making a thread about it and people on here seeing the same thing. It was pretty impressive.
                      "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

I just came in from laying on the cold, cement driveway in my pjs looking up at the sky watching it. The sky has cleared up a bunch and i probably saw 3 a minute here in euless! That was fucking cool.
                        Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                        Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                        Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                        You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Damn clouds here in Irving.
                          Originally posted by talisman
                          I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                          Originally posted by AdamLX
                          If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                          Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                          Because fuck you, that's why
                          Originally posted by 80coupe
                          nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                          Originally posted by Rick Modena
                          ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                          Originally posted by Jester
                          Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by idrivea4banger View Post
                            Damn clouds here in Irving.
                            Same here...unfortunately

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X