IPad Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IPad Question

One of the grandkids dropped the IPad in the pool. Will Best Buy simply replace it under the warranty, or can it be fixed?
    Photobucket

water damage is not covered under warranty, unless you have an accident protection plan.

best bet is to throw it in a container with some dry rice for a day or so, the rice will absorb the moisture out of it.

Or if your gun safe has a dehumidifier in it, that will work too.

Comment

Water damage is almost NEVER warrantied.

Id try and take the casing off and let it air dry. Maybe even put in a tray of rice. Other than that, you can try a swift backhand.

Damnit. Matt beat me.
      Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
      Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

What if its dried out and ran over by, lets say ...a truck?
        Photobucket

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
          do you understand the difference between a "warranty" and "insurance"

If you drove your car into a lake, your manufacturers "warranty" wouldn't cover shit, it's not a product defect. However you could claim it on your "insurance"

Comment

If you have the best buy protection plan they will replace it.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSnake View Post
              What Matt said. Beyond that, they will know it got wet when they open it, and void the warranty.

Easy solution, don't let your grand kids play with an iPad near the pool.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Even if it dries out there are indicators that it has/had water damage.

Comment

Put it in a box and sell it to someone at a gas station.

Comment

Take it out of the grandkids allowance or make their parent pay for a replacement.

Comment

Take it back in and let them send it off regardless.

As a former GeekSquad employee, I can attest to time in which I, and the entire precinct, watched a man go out in the parking lot and ran over his laptop and bring it back in after we told him that it wasn't damaged enough to be replaced. We made sure to put that in the notes.

Service Center replaced it for the guy at no charge.

Seriously, what's the worst that can happen? You have them send it in and they deny the repair? You are likely out an iPad already. It can't really be any more nonfunctional.
                      Scientists do not coddle ideas. They crash test them. They run them into a brick wall at 60 miles per hour and then examine the pieces.

If the idea is sound, the pieces will be that of the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by Maddhattter View Post
                        Take it back in and let them send it off regardless.

As a former GeekSquad employee, I can attest to time in which I, and the entire precinct, watched a man go out in the parking lot and ran over his laptop and bring it back in after we told him that it wasn't damaged enough to be replaced. We made sure to put that in the notes.

Service Center replaced it for the guy at no charge.

Seriously, what's the worst that can happen? You have them send it in and they deny the repair? You are likely out an iPad already. It can't really be any more nonfunctional.
                        Lol. This is true.

In front of everyone. Nice!
                        Photobucket

Comment

After you get it fixed buy this.

Venture from Beaches to Metropolises with LifeProof Right by Your Side LifeProof

Comment

Working...
                          X