We got bought out!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thehead View Post
    BUT companys NEVER LIE during takeovers!
    In my experience most of the lies are told by the company being bought, telling employees nothing is happening. Lots of misinformation and gossip goes hand in hand with takeovers.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
      In my experience most of the lies are told by the company being bought, telling employees nothing is happening. Lots of misinformation and gossip goes hand in hand with takeovers.
      oh i agree on that, however when you get bought out, the new owners will do whatever it takes to keep the company afloat until the deal is finalized and they officially take over so I take it all with a grain of salt and am watching my back.

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

oh i agree on that, however when you get bought out, the new owners will do whatever it takes to keep the company afloat until the deal is finalized and they officially take over so I take it all with a grain of salt and am watching my back.
        It was so bad here that we literally had to have a VP personally sign expense forms. I could write a PO for $49,999 and it'd get paid immediately if it was for inventory, send in an expense form for a $3 box of pens though and it'd get tied up for a month waiting for approval.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          It was so bad here that we literally had to have a VP personally sign expense forms. I could write a PO for $49,999 and it'd get paid immediately if it was for inventory, send in an expense form for a $3 box of pens though and it'd get tied up for a month waiting for approval.
          where is that at?

Comment

where is that at?
            LKQ, formerly Greenleaf.
            Originally posted by BradM
            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
            Originally posted by Leah
            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

I wish you the best, unfortunately for me it took a turn for the worst. I work for a family owned dealership that was purchased by group 1. I remember our gm at the time telling us it was a great move, nothing would change and group 1 had money to change things for the better. He said if he hadn't of told us, no one would have ever known we had new owners. Move forward one week later and my gm shakes hands goodbye as he had been fired. So much for things not changing. We have a huge turn over rate. We have had 6 different service managers in the last 7 years. I hope your results are better than ours.

Comment

Originally posted by Gnasty View Post
                I wish you the best, unfortunately for me it took a turn for the worst. I work for a family owned dealership that was purchased by group 1. I remember our gm at the time telling us it was a great move, nothing would change and group 1 had money to change things for the better. He said if he hadn't of told us, no one would have ever known we had new owners. Move forward one week later and my gm shakes hands goodbye as he had been fired. So much for things not changing. We have a huge turn over rate. We have had 6 different service managers in the last 7 years. I hope your results are better than ours.
                what dealer?????

<~~thehead
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                  LKQ, formerly Greenleaf.
                  Schnitzer Steel was the parent company at the time, making it a PITA to operate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmypie View Post
                    what dealer?????

<~~thehead
                    I work for gene messer in Lubbock.

Comment

WELLLLLL..... It looks like it will take about 45 days. They bought the land and the business and are keeping the name. They are going to pay out all vacation time owed to us, and then start us over on their vacation time schedual, which will actually give me an extra week. They are keeping our longevity with the company intact so that is nice. There WILL be a rehire process but they plan to keep everyone here. We will be changing over to a new operating system, and all the insurance will be activated immeadiatly as will the 401k rollover. They say that they promote from within but whatever. They showed up with about 10 guys, area marketing people, regional directors, fix operations managers and all. Not really sure what it is going to be like but IF they do all that they say and thiings go smooth, then it might be a really good thing since they have the money to advertise and do things right. This might be the best thing that has ever happened. The next few months will tell the story. BUT companys NEVER LIE during takeovers!
                      If you see the two Bobs, you're fucked.

Comment

Bahaha
                        2014 GT
                        2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by Gnasty View Post
                          I work for gene messer in Lubbock.
                          Are you at the VW store? I've been wondering how much of what they tell us is bs and how much is reality. I'm sending you a pm.

Comment

Also for got to ask you how the HR process went with the rehire, and pay scales.

Comment

Working...
                            X