Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did everyone's alarms go off this morning?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

owning a free cell phone that you couldn't rely on would suck too...

when I lived on the road, I always relied on my cell phone... you learn that wake up calls won't come through when you need them most... you'll also learn that hotel alarm clocks don't always work or that you might not be so savvy at working that clock when you haven't slept in 2 days...

but my cell phone will keep time even with no service... and the alarm will work... it always has...

the issue isn't newfangletry vs. the alarm clock my grandpa gave me...

the issue is that the iphone is gay
    http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
      when I lived on the road, I always relied on my cell phone... you learn that wake up calls won't come through when you need them most... you'll also learn that hotel alarm clocks don't always work or that you might not be so savvy at working that clock when you haven't slept in 2 days...
      Most of the alarm clocks they put in the hotels suck, and I have a hard time figuring some of them out wide awake. I normally screw with it till I figure it out, but I damn sure set my alarm on my phone when on the road as well.

Smart phones do some cool shit but none of which I care of enough about to carry the bulky ass things around.

Comment

My Blackberry 8530's alarm will occasionally not go off in the morning (I travel a lot for work and use it as my alarm). Rather than calling RIM to whine and complain about it, I simply set the dedicated alarm clock in the hotel as a backup. I guess I don't get why people are so bent out of shape over a minor glitch in an ancillary function of a cell phone? The "Check-in" feature on the BB Facebook only works sporadically. Oh noooessz1!!!
        - Darrell

1993 LX - Reef Blue R331ci
        1993 Cobra #199 - SOLD

Comment

Originally posted by red95gts View Post
          The "Check-in" feature on the BB Facebook only works sporadically. Oh noooessz1!!!
          That is definitely one of those functions I don't care about. LOL nobody cares nor needs to know where the hell I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Silverback View Post
            really? my cell phone does the same thing. I plug it in to charge, if the power goes off at night, it has a battery too. It also allows me to set multiple alarms for multiple days.

MWF I have it set to go off at 8am and again at 8:30am
            Tuesdays I have it go off at 6:45am and again at 7:00am because I have a conference call every Tuesday
            Thursdays I have it set for the normal 8 and 8:30 and then again at 9am, because I have a Change Control meeting every Thursday
            Saturdays I don't have it do a thing
            Sundays I have it go off at 11:30am so I can check my fantasy team turning football season. So I guess that one will get turned off.

Another thing, I can just turn these off, and enable them again when I need them, rather than have to reset my alarm.

My iphone doesn't run my life, in fact I'm still a bit anti-iphone, but if you work in the business/IT world a smart phone is a must. I carry two actually, an iphone for personal email/text/etc, and a blackberry torch for work. The work phone will be replaced by a Dell Venue when we do a refresh at Dell, it's a windows phone.

I have probably 3-7 meetings a day that have alerts set to notify me, with all of the information to either attend in person or dial in for conference calls.

I guess my phones just are worthless
            my alarm has multiple times to be set. I think you need a more modern alarm.
            HD Parts
            paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

I actually use a regular cheap WallyWorld digital alarm clock with battery back. Works great. I would never depend on my cell phone for anything important. It has a hard enough time just making and maintaining phone calls.

Comment

Originally posted by HarrisonTX View Post

Thread save

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                  <----was late to work today because of this... Now I'm looking for another job! Fucking iPhone!!
                  Maybe if you hadn't been late a few other times you wouldn't have this problem. No place fires you for being late once.

Comment

I like my alarm clock..

Comment

Originally posted by Moon_Cricket View Post
                      Maybe if you hadn't been late a few other times you wouldn't have this problem. No place fires you for being late once.
                      It's called a joke

I'm the guy that's 30 minutes early to everything. I've been late to work 4 times in the last 8 1/2 years I have worked here.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                        <----was late to work today because of this... Now I'm looking for another job! Fucking iPhone!!
                        Did you get fired because the manager at BK got pissed at having to roll up his sleeves and take over your duties at the french fry station (j/k)?

Comment

my alarm goes off every morning
                          And Shepherds we shall be

For thee, my Lord, for thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand

Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee

And teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                            Did you get fired because the manager at BK got pissed at having to roll up his sleeves and take over your duties at the french fry station (j/k)?
                            Naw man, I'm a patty flipper.

Comment

Originally posted by 89stangGT View Post
                              my alarm has multiple times to be set. I think you need a more modern alarm.
                              you can set 6 alarms?

I don't think I do, I have an iphone and it works just fine, in fact I woke up this morning and went to work and everything!

Comment

my alarm clock is 4yrs old. when Jr. gets up, EVERYBODY gets up.

god bless.
                                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Working...
                                X