OAG dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OAG dilemma

I'll try and sum this up as best I can. Found out about my daughter when she was 18mo old. Her mother was previously married to the guy she assumed was the father. She said she didn't want anything from me, she just wanted me to be in her life.

I immediately accepted her as mine and things went well for a couple years. Eventually she started talking about child support and I agreed. Sure enough soon she wanted more. I demanded her last name be changed and my name be put on her birth certificate and I be given copies and she said the only way to do that was to file child support on me. So we met in front of the mediator 12/2011 where I was accompanied by my lawyer (friend of the family, she doesn't really practice this type of law but insisted anyway). We ended up agreeing to joint custody and everything split 50/50 and I cover the medical, they gave her 15 days to get her enrolled. Her mother insisted on getting her on medicaid because she didn't want her company taking it out of her check. So I made a payment and got setup for the online payment thing.

11 months later I find out she still isn't insured. This isn't the first time the issue was brought to my attention but I thought it had been resolved by now since she didn't say anything about it. I had my lawyer contact them about 6 months ago because they wont even talk to me about the issue, they said they would look into the matter and I never heard anything back. Her mother wants me to split insurance through her work now which is fine but what about all the money I paid the OAG each month? Should I consider that gone? Obviously my number one priority is making sure my daughter is taken care of but I feel like I'm getting screwed which doesn't really sit well with me. Any thoughts?
    Last edited by woodstock; 11-24-2012, 04:51 AM.

First, I'd make sure it's your kid.
    Last edited by Samhain; 11-24-2012, 07:27 AM.
    Originally posted by Broncojohnny
    Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

Originally posted by Samhain View Post
      First, I'd make sure it's you kid.
      Second post pics of the mom.
      Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Doesn't matter if its his kid or not. He agreed to child support. Woodstock, Are you 100% competent, or under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol?
        THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
          Doesn't matter if its his kid or not. He agreed to child support. Woodstock, Are you 100% competent, or under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol?
          I though black guys in general, didn't support their kids?

Comment

Originally posted by TEAMJACOB View Post
            I though black guys in general, didn't support their kids?
            LOL! That's fucked up.
            Originally posted by Broncojohnny
            Would you like your reparations in 5.56mm or 7.62mm?

Comment

We did a paternity test at the same time so I'm good.

Unfortunately no pics, it was a one time only kinda deal and that was the last thing I was thinking about.

Yes I am competent, I don't do either. The order only says I have to take care of her medical, if we decide to go private I no longer have to pay the OAG. The problem with this is that her mom on the other hand is not competent and is for a lack of better words a worthless human being. I still don't have copies of her birth certificate/ss card or really anything other than the paternity results so I'm limited on what I can get done and I'm relying on her (she's also the custodial parent). She obviously feels like letting our daughter go un-insured for a year is not a big deal so you can understand what type of person I'm dealing with.
              Last edited by woodstock; 11-24-2012, 09:02 AM.

Comment

Sounds like your child is growing up in a 'challenging' environment. Go for custody.
                www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

1. I would never give her money or pay for something without it going through the AG.

2. Why does everyone nowadays feel like insurance is a neccessity?
                  Last edited by line-em-up; 11-24-2012, 10:24 AM.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by woodstock View Post
                      We did a paternity test at the same time so I'm good.

Unfortunately no pics, it was a one time only kinda deal and that was the last thing I was thinking about.

Yes I am competent, I don't do either. The order only says I have to take care of her medical, if we decide to go private I no longer have to pay the OAG. The problem with this is that her mom on the other hand is not competent and is for a lack of better words a worthless human being. I still don't have copies of her birth certificate/ss card or really anything other than the paternity results so I'm limited on what I can get done and I'm relying on her (she's also the custodial parent). She obviously feels like letting our daughter go un-insured for a year is not a big deal so you can understand what type of person I'm dealing with.
                      You can get copies of her birth certificate from the county clerk's office, and you can get a duplicate of her social security card. Her SSN should be on your court documents.

And really? You're using not having insurance to deem "what kind of person you're dealing with?" My oldest isn't insured because my company doesn't have medical benefits. That doesn't mean that we don't negotiate cash prices for medical services. @@

The better analogy to describe BOTH of you is that the preference was to go with a government program (Medicaid) when you had private benefits available, but didn't want to pay up for them.
                      Last edited by Treasure Chest; 11-24-2012, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikec View Post
                        Sounds like your child is growing up in a 'challenging' environment. Go for custody.
                        I'm not too sure I'm ready to wage that war yet. My daughter thinks very highly of her mother and is still very impressionable. The first time we started having disagreements when she was still young her mother instilled the idea that I'm to be called by my first name instead of dad and still does to this day. Not that it's a big deal to me but that just shows that she has no problem stooping to petty shit like that.

Originally posted by line-em-up View Post
                        1. I would never give her money or pay for something without it going the the AG.

2. Why does everyone nowadays feel like insurance is a neccessity?
                        See I used to think that way too but my faith in the AG has been destroyed. From what I have seen they will bend over backwards for the mother and usually the father gets the short end of the stick. Now I know there's probably a lot of deadbeat dads out there but there's a lot of good ones that are getting screwed.

I for one don't have insurance and don't feel it's needed for myself, hell I maybe get sick once every 5 years or so and it's usually minor so a $120 clinic trip is fine. Kids on the other hand get sick all the time and with the ever increasing healthcare costs it's too much of a gamble not to get them insured, not too mention it's the law.

Originally posted by Treasure Chest View Post
                        You can get copies of her birth certificate from the county clerk's office, and you can get a duplicate of her social security card. Her SSN should be on your court documents.

And really? You're using not having insurance to deem "what kind of person you're dealing with?" My oldest isn't insured because my company doesn't have medical benefits. That doesn't mean that we don't negotiate cash prices for medical services. @@

The better analogy to describe BOTH of you is that the preference was to go with a government program (Medicaid) when you had private benefits available, but didn't want to pay up for them.
                        Maybe you missed the rest of my post where I stated that she did have the option of getting insurance through her work but didn't want it coming directly out of her check. I don't know if she lied to them and said they didn't offer it or whatever but that's what she told me. My job doesn't offer insurance so that was not a possibility. The choice on what kind of insurance to put her on was hers as per the order my job was to pay for it, she chose medicaid. As for the rest of your post i can see where you are coming from and that might not be a fair way to judge her on this topic but I can't spend all day trying to explain what kind of person she is to people who don't know her.
                        Last edited by woodstock; 11-24-2012, 10:52 AM.

Comment

Things aren't adding up here.
                          Originally posted by BradM
                          But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                          Originally posted by Leah
                          In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            Things aren't adding up here.
                            Can we get the mother in here to share her side of the story?
                            Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Make sure everything either goes through the AG or you save every piece of paper no matter how small that has to do with your daughter. Years ago when I got out of the military, my income doubled almost immediately. I was paying my ex-wife double what I was ordered to pay. That job ended up laying me off after a couple years and the next month she turned me in saying I had not paid a penny since I got out of the military. Initially they were coming after me for $16,000 and it took me a year of fighting. Eventually she lied on some paperwork and I was able to kill the case but it was only because she screwed up. If I were in your shoes I would have everything go straight through the OAG

Comment

Working...
                              X