X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 4 Veterans killed in Odessa

http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/201124...n-texas-parade

DALLAS -

Dozens of wounded warriors were involved in a horrible accident Thursday afternoon in West Texas.

The accident happened at about 5 p.m. in Midland during the "Hunt for Heroes" parade. A big rig that was carrying the veterans on a flat bed trailer was hit by a train.

There are conflicting reports about the crossing arms. Some witnesses said the arms were not coming down as the truck approached the crossing.

Police confirmed at least four people were killed and 16 others were taken to hospitals in Midland and nearby Odessa, some in critical condition.

Following the parade, the veterans were scheduled to leave for a deer-hunting trip while their wives were to be treated to a variety of activities. Those events were canceled.

Read more: http://www.myfoxdfw.com/story/201124...#ixzz2CLCcP8jk

Heard something about that a minute ago and was hoping for the best. Sucks to hear that their were deaths. RIP.
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Do people not fucking look when they are approaching a crossing? Jesus. That is sad.

Comment

Channel 4 said it was Midland. Also, they mentioned that some witnesses said the RR crossing arms did not lower. Who knows !! Sad deal.
        Vortex rear stand $75
        8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
        My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
        but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
        11 4 door
        13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Such a sad loss, my prayers go out to the families of lost ones, and to the injured. I pray they have speedy recoveries and that somehow some good comes from such a tragedy.

Comment

You are correct, It was Midland.

Comment

Damn. War couldn't kill them but a train did. Fuck.
              I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

The Show of Support events for tonight and the weekend have been canceled after a train crash during Thursday’s parade.

There are four fatalities and 16 people have been transported to Midland Memorial Hospital, said Midland Chief of Police Price Robinson.

A float carrying veterans and their wives in the ninth annual Show of Support parade was struck by a eastbound train at the corner of Garfield Road and Industrial Avenue just before 5 p.m., Robinson said.

It is not expected those injured will need to be transferred from Midland Memorial Hospital, said hospital spokeswoman Marcy Madrid.

“All transports are complete and we have the resources and staff to take care of this,” Madrid said. “We do have the situation under control.”

The parade was supposed to end at the Horseshoe, where a Hunt for Heroes banquet was supposed to take place. Wounded service men were to be treated to an all-expenses paid white tail deer hunting trip today, while their spouses were treated to a variety of activities in Midland.

All of those events have been canceled, said Show of Support president and founder Terry Johnson.

UPDATE

http://www.mywesttexas.com/top_stori...9bb2963f4.html
                Read more: Updated: 4 die during Show of Support Parade - Mywesttexas.com: Top Stories http://www.mywesttexas.com/top_stori...#ixzz2CLHHjTQN
                Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

Comment

Every train accident they say the same thing. Oh the gates didn't come down and the train never blew the horn. It's funny that the on board camera shows the gates coming down and the event recorder shows the horn was blown every time when it goes to court.

Comment

Did the cartel have anything to do with it? Wasn't a thread posted about cartel wanting to kill, kidnap, and all that jazz?

Comment

So senseless and a true loss for the country. Made it through combat, only to die this way, sad.

Comment

I was just about to post this. They are using the dps chopper to look for missing body parts, last I heard on the news. Man this is fucking sad, especially considering the hunt for heros is supposed to be such a happy and positive event.
                        I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                          Every train accident they say the same thing. Oh the gates didn't come down and the train never blew the horn. It's funny that the on board camera shows the gates coming down and the event recorder shows the horn was blown every time when it goes to court.
                          Too busy texting to look up and see the 46374656392857562839 pound freight train that's fixing to turn them into jello.

Comment

Oh, one eye witness said the sheriffs deputies let the truck cross the track and then the arms did come down. Truck driver definitely fucked up, and it sounds like some deputies may have as well.
                            I don't like Republicans, but I really FUCKING hate Democrats.

Sex with an Asian woman is great, but 30 minutes later you're horny again.

Comment

May they rest in peace

Comment

Working...
                              X