House + marriage + divorce question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SHO_SHANE View Post
    I did the same thing. Gave my wife everything, new house, new car, new everything. I had to work 80 hours a week to afford it all and it ws worth it as long as she was happy.

Then one day I got off early, went to the store for some flowers, and headed home to my wife. Pulled in the drive to see my wifes bosses car. I was not worried since I new him and his wife and just thought they were eating lunch at our place that day. I walk in to find no one in the living room went down the hall to our room and walked in on them getting dressed...

When I got out of jail 4 months later I had lost all my cars, house, wife, job, money, and ended up living in my friends momsdriver in there camper and rebuilding my life...

Point is I gave her everything and she threw up on me and my life.... NEVER EVER GET MARRIED!!!!!!!
    What the eff did ya do to get 4 months in jail!

Comment

Originally posted by fredfarmer View Post
      OK, I bought a house when I was 23. I’m now 36 and only owe about $40k on it. It is worth about $100k. If I were to get married and it didn’t work out, would the ex be able to take half the value of my house. It’s not like I have a net worth large enough to look into a prenup , but I’m wondering what the outcome would be if the girl I married did get divorced.

Disclaimer, never been married, not really looking to get married, just wondering what the repercussions might be if I decided to get married and it didn’t work out…

Your looking to get married but already planning ur divorce? Sounds like a better investment is pre-marriage counseling.
      Originally posted by The King
      I would have to disagree...If a man gives another man a blow job and doesn't use his hands, that doesn't make him gay.

Comment

LOL at basing marriage on property and finances.

Comment

Originally posted by Mychael101 View Post
          I'm guessing the ex wife's boss got his face rearranged a bit.

Comment

I'd move forward and consulting with an attorney about prenups and what is the norm for splitting assetts when a divorce does take place. Even more so if you've acquired some assets before a marriage.

Unfortunately, you never know what is going to happen years/decades from now...no body does. People change all the time..sometimes for the worst. Regardless of how well you know your "soon to be", again, you don't know what's going to take place in the future. There's a lot of stresses in life that take it's toll on marriages and sometimes it's what causes it to fall apart. Not to mention that outsiders don't respect your marriage these days. Especially if you're wife is super hot, all guys want is to hit it....they don't care if she's married. This happens to my wife all the time..sometimes even by guys that I know...it's sickening that people are this way but that's just how it is....they don't care.

I don't know how one is to sell the prenup idea to a future wife, that might be the hard part.

edit: they don't even have to be super hot, any attractive woman is a target.
            Last edited by GeorgeG.; 01-03-2011, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
              I'd move forward and consulting with an attorney about prenups and what is the norm for splitting assetts when a divorce does take place. Even more so if you've acquired some assets before a marriage.

Unfortunately, you never know what is going to happen years/decades from now...no body does. People change all the time..sometimes for the worst. Regardless of how well you know your "soon to be", again, you don't know what's going to take place in the future. There's a lot of stresses in life that take it's toll on marriages and sometimes it's what causes it to fall apart. Not to mention that outsiders don't respect your marriage these days. Especially if you're wife is super hot, all guys want is to hit it....they don't care if she's married. This happens to my wife all the time..sometimes even by guys that I know...it's sickening that people are this way but that's just how it is....they don't care.

I don't know how one is to sell the prenup idea to a future wife, that might be the hard part.
              Well said sir.

Comment

Originally posted by red89notch View Post
                More Barg for me. I bought my 140K house at 21 ...and have an E class! Beat that bitches!
                I own a truck, live off the gubment, and rely on taxpayers to support me... I believe I win

<---Navy

Comment

Originally posted by fredfarmer View Post
                  OK, I bought a house when I was 23. I’m now 36 and only owe about $40k on it. It is worth about $100k. If I were to get married and it didn’t work out, would the ex be able to take half the value of my house. It’s not like I have a net worth large enough to look into a prenup , but I’m wondering what the outcome would be if the girl I married did get divorced.

Disclaimer, never been married, not really looking to get married, just wondering what the repercussions might be if I decided to get married and it didn’t work out…
                  I would think, that since Texas is a community property state... if you were to get married and stay married for any length of time, she could say she contributed to that home as well, and would therefor be entitled to her share. That's just my thoughts though.... can't say it's fact
                  Originally posted by Vertnut
                  I'd run my junk through a waffle iron, if it makes you more "comfortable". LOL!

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
                    Yeah, well I have no house, one beat up Accord, and one junk-ass fox body.

but no debt.
                    That's cool but, One house is rented making some money..

4.5% fixed loan on main home

Mustangs are paid for..
                    F150 paid for..
                    Have only 10 months left on the Expy.
                    Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                    90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCoupeRedVert View Post
                      That's cool but, One house is rented making some money..

4.5% fixed loan on main home

Mustangs are paid for..
                      F150 paid for..
                      Have only 10 months left on the Expy.
                      yeah but, do you have street cred?

Comment

Originally posted by TENGRAM View Post
                        yeah but, do you have street cred?
                        Hell if I know. I'm 43, happily married, good job. Couple of grand kids. Not to worried about street cred.
                        Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                        90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Common Law is a Motherfucker!

Comment

Originally posted by The King View Post
                            LOL at basing marriage on property and finances.
                            Marriage is a business decision, with emotional entanglements.

Comment

Maybe for some, but they aren't among our most astute businessmen if so.

Comment

Originally posted by Mychael101 View Post
                                2 reconstructive surgerys, ruptured spleen, 6 broken bones...
                                That MF'er is prolly so fast it would be like riding a big giant can of rape named bubba just outta prison set free in a girls college dorm.

Comment

Working...
                                X