No announcement yet.

House + marriage + divorce question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marriage is an all-in game. I knew wife for 3 months before getting engaged. I had much more networth than you are talking about. We are completely one person in our marriage. I am willing to do what ever I have to do to make our marriage work. I think if you go in to marriage planning for an escape you are setting yourself up for failure.
    class joke
    {
    private:
    char Forrest, Jenny, Momma, LtDan;
    double Peas, Carrots;
    string MommaAlwaysSaid(const bool AddAnyTime = True)
    };

Comment

Good read here, Thinking of getting a house soon and im at 23...

Comment

in state of texas if you bought something aka a house before you get married, she cant have it since her name is not on the deed.

Comment

Accoding to Texas law, she doesn't get 1/2 of your house. Her only claim would be as to the portion of the house that was paid while you were married.

Comment

lol @ all of the armchair lawyers giving advice and only 1 actual lawyer posting.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasDevilDog View Post
              Marriage is an all-in game. I knew wife for 3 months before getting engaged. I had much more networth than you are talking about. We are completely one person in our marriage. I am willing to do what ever I have to do to make our marriage work.I think if you go in to marriage planning for an escape you are setting yourself up for failure.
              This is the best advice in the thread.

Comment

Originally posted by CJ-95GT View Post
                She gets half of everything without a prenup
                I don't think that's true. She would only be entitled to the EQUITY from the date of marriage (or becoming 'common law') until the date of the divorce. Any equity that was built before then would be yours.

At least I think that's how it goes-I could be very wrong.
                Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
                Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
                Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
                You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                  I don't think that's true. She would only be entitled to the EQUITY from the date of marriage (or becoming 'common law') until the date of the divorce. Any equity that was built before then would be yours.

At least I think that's how it goes-I could be very wrong.
                  Nope, you are right.

Comment

Marriage is an all-in game. I knew wife for 3 months before getting engaged. I had much more networth than you are talking about. We are completely one person in our marriage. I am willing to do what ever I have to do to make our marriage work. I think if you go in to marriage planning for an escape you are setting yourself up for failure.

You won't be thinking that if SHE decides, out of the blue, one day, that she just doesn't feel like being married any more. You can work as hard as Kunta Kinte and still get fucked in the ass if the other person isn't working equally as hard back.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99
                      Not to mention all the "solid bargs".
                      Agreed...I want to get my barg in too and let everyone know I bought a house at 23 as well. But I can't afford an E class yet:/

Comment

Very true...pending you live in a fairy tale...people change. How long you been married?

Comment

me too.....AGE 22 projected payoff AGE 32 $100K house
                          2006 Civic SI
                          2009 Pilot
                          1988 GT
                          CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                            Agreed...I want to get my barg in too and let everyone know I bought a house at 23 as well. But I can't afford an E class yet:/
                            Oh yeah? Well, I had WWAAYYY more equity than the op!
                            Originally posted by davbrucas
                            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruffdaddy View Post
                              Originally posted by beefed88 View Post
                              me too.....AGE 22 projected payoff AGE 32 $100K house
                              Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                              Oh yeah? Well, I had WWAAYYY more equity than the op!
                              Me too! Me too!

$120k house at this year at age 23, after buying a C6 Vette!!!

But then I sold the Vette to buy the house, so only half a Barg for me.

Comment

Originally posted by sc281 View Post
                                Me too! Me too!

$120k house at this year at age 23, after buying a C6 Vette!!!

But then I sold the Vette to buy the house, so only half a Barg for me.
                                Wage slave!
                                Originally posted by davbrucas
                                I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
                                X