Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not sure what to do. Think you can help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leah View Post
    I'm on my way to deliver 3 big bags of clothes for my student! Thanks, venom!
    If gas wasnt so expensive I have a turkey that we arnt gonna cook. My other half has to work Thanksgiving day so I dont see the point in cooking it for myself
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

I just saw this, Leah anything you need help with just hollar. Kim and I are pretty tapped money wise with the baby stuff but I can donate time.

I recondition headlights on most cars for $50.00. If interested shoot me a pm.

Comment

This is awesome. There aren't any young ladies in my family, but I can definitely donate a gift card for some clothes, and just whatever else is needed. I don't have PayPal, but I can meet up with someone to drop it off.

As usual, good job, Leah.

Comment

For those who have asked to contribute monetarily, I have created a paypal account SOLELY for this purpose. The email address for it is recoveringfromleukemia@gmail.com. The money will all go to helping them in some way (gift cards, car parts, maybe even liability insurance, etc). Any remaining money if using to purchase items will be used for a gift card to Walmart or Target so they can get whatever they need.

Others have asked how they can help-all I can say is gift cards, gift cards, gift cards. They are probably going to want to drive the SHIT out of this car when they first get it so maybe gift cards to gas stations, or maybe to dinner and/or a movie theater so they can go do something after driving their car?? Just a few suggestions.

Again, the outpouring of support has just been nothing short of incredible. I can't thank you guys enough-I truly never expected anything other than suggestions on where to direct them. I never would have guessed it would have developed into anything like this!

Once we secure a vehicle and get it ready to go, I'll post up when we'll be delivering it for those who would like to be there.

**EDIT**
          If you would like to send gift cards you purchase yourself, feel free to pm me for my address and you can just drop them in the mail to me and I'll take them all over when we take the car.
          Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
          Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
          Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
          You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

As soon as my check deposits in the next few hours, I will send some money. I'm not rich by any means but I can give a little.

I will also see if my roommate wouldn't mind giving them their fish tank. 25 gallons. Just sits in the garage. Has a nice base. We have no way of getting this to them and we live out in McKinney.
            Tank measurements.
            H: 17 in
            W: 36.6
            L: 12.6
            Total Height from ground: 44..... including base.

If they are not doing anything for Thanksgiving, I have no problem sparring some more money to help feed them.

My brother is a very religious person and likes to help others and find people to help others, like you Leah. I can ask him if he can try to find some people to help this cause.

I would suggest trying to see if some news station could help. Inform them of the situation and see if they can do a story or something.

Comment

All I have is an extra bed that I can give. Pretty much new pillow top mattress with it. If somebody is willing to come just a bit south of Austin, I'd be happy to let it go. It's just been a guest bed. I'm not coming back to DFW until Christmas but if they wanna wait, I"ll bring it with me.
              "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Free Post!!!!!

j/k

Donated =)

Comment

Got it, thanks!! And to those of you who have donated, thank you so much!!
                  Token Split Tail

You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Originally posted by jdgregory84 View Post
                    All I have is an extra bed that I can give. Pretty much new pillow top mattress with it. If somebody is willing to come just a bit south of Austin, I'd be happy to let it go. It's just been a guest bed. I'm not coming back to DFW until Christmas but if they wanna wait, I"ll bring it with me.
                    At this point, they would have no where to put it. Their apartment is very small and there is no room. Thanks, though!!
                    Token Split Tail

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                      For those who have asked to contribute monetarily, I have created a paypal account SOLELY for this purpose. The email address for it is recoveringfromleukemia@gmail.com. The money will all go to helping them in some way (gift cards, car parts, maybe even liability insurance, etc). Any remaining money if using to purchase items will be used for a gift card to Walmart or Target so they can get whatever they need.

Others have asked how they can help-all I can say is gift cards, gift cards, gift cards. They are probably going to want to drive the SHIT out of this car when they first get it so maybe gift cards to gas stations, or maybe to dinner and/or a movie theater so they can go do something after driving their car?? Just a few suggestions.

Again, the outpouring of support has just been nothing short of incredible. I can't thank you guys enough-I truly never expected anything other than suggestions on where to direct them. I never would have guessed it would have developed into anything like this!

Once we secure a vehicle and get it ready to go, I'll post up when we'll be delivering it for those who would like to be there.

**EDIT**
                      ]If you would like to send gift cards you purchase yourself, feel free to pm me for my address and you can just drop them in the mail to me and I'll take them all over when we take the car.
                      PM me your addy.

Comment

Like Christian said we are tapped due to baby stuff. I do need to give a huge shout out to the board members who helped us out with paying for the in vitro! Y'all are truly giving.

That being said, I have some clothes I used to wear when I worked at the bank that are the mom's size & will bring them to you. She should be able to wear them to interviews and in any professional setting.

My girls at school (8th grade) said the daughter would probably want anything music related especially Beiber & One Direction. Also clothes, shoes, & fun costume jewelry for the daughter. I'm wondering if she's self conscious about losing her hair maybe some cute hats?

I'm also going to ask my cousin's daughter who is in high school if she & any of her friends have some clothes or stuff they want to donate.
                        sigpic

Comment

Donated. Leah you might think about getting her a cool hat she can wear when she goes back to school. I would say a wig but I don't know.....

Comment

Originally posted by Kimmypie View Post
                            anything music related especially Beiber & One Direction.
                            I weep for our future.
                            Originally posted by BradM
                            But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                            Originally posted by Leah
                            In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

FWIW, Leah said her hair has started growing back since her treatments are complete. It is still really short (inch or so) but growing.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                                I weep for our future.
                                Me too, but what do you want? They're 8th graders. Ugh on the choice of tunes, but its what they like
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X