Farewell America

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farewell America

Three days ago America reached it's tipping point. It has been said that a democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the voters discover that they can vote themselves largesse from the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the candidates promising the most benefits from the public treasury with the result that a democracy always collapses over loose fiscal policy. The average age of the world's greatest civilizations has been 200 years. We will now face a very precedented series of events over the course of my lifetime that will result in The United States of America losing much of is status as the premier economic power on the global stage, and people are letting it happen. Those in power are changing the rules to gain a super-majority in the senate, we have a president with no experience in the private sector in charge of the world's largest economy, and a society that punishes the producers and rewards the lazy and unwilling. Because of this, I am done.

We are no longer the greatest country in the world. We're seventh in literacy, twenty-seventh in math, twenty-second in science, forty-ninth in life expectancy, 178th in infant mortality, third in median household income, number four in labor force, and number four in exports. We lead the world in only three categories: number of incarcerated citizens per capita, number of adults who believe angels are real, and defense spending, where we spend more than the next twenty-six countries combined, twenty-five of whom are allies. Just a generation ago Americans took pride in their ethics and stood up for what was right. We fought for moral reasons, we passed and struck down laws for moral reasons. We sacrificed, we put our money where our mouths were, we built great big things, made ungodly technological advances, explored the universe, cured diseases, and cultivated the world's greatest artists and the world's greatest economy. We reached for the stars, and we acted like men. We aspired to intelligence; we didn't belittle it; it didn't make us feel inferior. We didn't identify ourselves by who we voted for in the last election, and we didn't scare so easy. And we were able to be all these things and do all these things because we were led often by great men, men who were revered. The first step in solving any problem is recognizing there is one—America is not the greatest country in the world anymore. I see Obama fiddling as the world around us burns; The most lavish state dinners in the history of the country are being carried out in times of economic hardship, while welfare enrollment is at an all time high and the debt ceiling continues to be raised. It is now the willing and able of my generation's responsibility to work hard and support those who don't, and this sickens me. Because of this, I am through. I refuse to let a single penny of my taxable income be taken from me by this country.

I have secured a one year visa to live and work in Australia and just booked my plane ticket today. On January 13th I will depart Dallas, potentially forever. If I can obtain citizenship in Australia (which I will actively try to do) and this nation elects another Democrat scumbag in 2016 and the nation continues on its current path with no signs of recovery, then I will formally renounce my United States Citizenship.

And that is my rant for the day.
    Originally posted by lincolnboy
    After watching Games of Thrones, makes me glad i was not born in those years.

first
    2012 GT500

Comment

Comment

I wish I could do the same

on my daddy's dollar.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            I wish I could do the same

on my daddy's dollar.
            Me too. My parents do not support my decision.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
              Me too. My parents do not support my decision.
              If that really is the case, then good luck.

Comment

You giving up all those nice guns?

Comment

good luck bro

Comment

It's those great men who didn't run away and made this country what it was... But kudos for at least not just talking the talk.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                      If that really is the case, then good luck.
                      Dude, no offense, but everyone that's given him shit for his dad having money would gladly take money from their parents, provided their parents had any. In my view, he's doing what his dad did, and staking his own claim. Cut him some slack.
                      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by lo3oz View Post
                        It's those great men who didn't run away and made this country what it was... But kudos for at least not just talking the talk.
                        Many of those great men ran away from their home countries to come and start a new one because their countries of origin were fucked up.

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                          Those great men ran away from their home countries to come and start a new one.
                          I see no similarities between that and your situation.

edit: makes a little more sense with your edit

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                            Dude, no offense, but everyone that's given him shit for his dad having money would gladly take money from their parents, provided their parents had any. In my view, he's doing what his dad did, and staking his own claim. Cut him some slack.
                            That is why I didn't take it any further and this is the only time I have ever brought it up. If he is going out on his own, good for him.

Comment

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
                              X