Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheapest time to fly to NYC? Best airport in NYC?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheapest time to fly to NYC? Best airport in NYC?

I'm trying to plan a trip to NYC to take my 6 yr old daughter to see Annie between now and the end of next march.

Are there cheaper times to fly to NYC?
    What airport is best to fly to?

Any info appreciated.

From Dallas, it's never cheap.... on AA, anyways, I haven't checked other airlines but it's typically pretty steep.

Average flight when I would make the trip was $600-700 direct into LGA (Laguardia) or JFK.

Depending upon where you are going, the best flights I found was for $360ish flying on AA from DFW to Chicago (ORD) to Westchester (HPN).

Comment

fly into LGA, fuck JFk.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
        fly into LGA, fuck JFk.
        This. Plus JFK has fewer flights available in general.

AA can go DFW to LGA on average for $400 per person round trip right now.

Comment

Definitely fly in to LGA. If you can travel light check out spirit airlines. I tried to fly to lga a few weeks ago on AA and the price was $1600 with 2 weeks advance purchase.
          It happens to be a well thought out and reasoned dissertation on drug use and a lyrical cost/benefit analysis of various kinds of drugs, drawing the conclusion that beer is the best of them all.

Comment

Just finished a 14 month commute back and forth from DFW to NYC.
            Book at least 3 to 4 weeks in advance for cheaper tickets. US Airways can have some good deals.
            If you have never been to LGA, your first landing is a little nervous. First the landing stripis half on land and half on a pier out into the river. Looking out the window, you only see water until after you land. Second the runway is very short. If you are in a large plane, they slam it down and really hit the brakes. Other than that LGA is a really no bullshit airport. Easy to get in and get out.

Comment

Fly into ISLIP on Southwest from Love Field, right under $500.00 round trip, rent a car and its only 30 miles from the the city.
              Originally posted by Silverback
              Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Working...
              X