Gokart parts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gokart parts?

Hey guys, I am getting ready to begin restoring my gokart from when i was a kid to give to my daughter for christmas. it needs a lot of work but the sentimental value makes me want to keep it. My question is where would be the best/cheapest place to buy replacement parts for it? needing tires, one 5 inch wheel and hub, bearings, 3.5 hp briggs motor, throttle and brake cables, etc. Found a few places on line but would rather buy local if possible incase i need to return for some reason.

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
    Hey guys, I am getting ready to begin restoring my gokart from when i was a kid to give to my daughter for christmas. it needs a lot of work but the sentimental value makes me want to keep it. My question is where would be the best/cheapest place to buy replacement parts for it? needing tires, one 5 inch wheel and hub, bearings, 3.5 hp briggs motor, throttle and brake cables, etc. Found a few places on line but would rather buy local if possible incase i need to return for some reason.
    Northern Tool used to carry most things but have gotten away from it. You can still buy the wheel with the hub, bearings, throttle & brake cables there. As for an engine, Harbor Freight have engines bigger than that for $99 or less with a coupon usually.

Comment

I say northern tool as well. Bought a lot from them. Just check online!

Comment

Kool ill check northern out!

I'm wanting to stick with a 3.5 as the mount is setup for that. I check harbor freight last week and they have discontinued the horizontal shaft 3.5 motors.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
          Kool ill check northern out!

I'm wanting to stick with a 3.5 as the mount is setup for that. I check harbor freight last week and they have discontinued the horizontal shaft 3.5 motors.
          The mount is likely the same as any B&S or Tecumseh. I think its a standard. Surely the chicom engines follow the same.

I've got a go-cart I need to get a hub wheel for too. They are about $70!

Comment

I get newsletters from www.bmikarts.com in my email. Never ordered from them but I'd like to

Comment

These people are local to the Dallas area and very very nice and knowledgeable. They ran the go Kart shop on hwy 67 for many years
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 4EyedTurd View Post
                I get newsletters from www.bmikarts.com in my email. Never ordered from them but I'd like to
                Ordered from them several times, always good to go...
                Last edited by mikec; 11-05-2012, 07:22 AM. Reason: m!
                www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Put a jegster engine in it!
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                    Put a jegster engine in it!
                    Haha right! No this kart is pretty small, and for my 4 yr old daughter.

Comment

try gopowersports.com in fort worth. Dave, Tim, or Aaron can help you out. They have been in the gokart world since the 60's.

Comment

Try Kam Karting, generally racing karts, but they carry all sorts of stuff.

In Rhome off 114.

Comment

x2 on Harbor Freight for a motor.
                          Wanna see my care face???

Comment

Originally posted by WESLS6 View Post
                            try gopowersports.com in fort worth. Dave, Tim, or Aaron can help you out. They have been in the gokart world since the 60's.
                            I actually stumbled upon their site earlier today while researching! They have some really good prices! Between them and Northern Tool, i should be able to get everything I need!

Originally posted by Blakeski View Post
                            x2 on Harbor Freight for a motor.
                            Went there this evening and picked up a 3.5 hp 99 cc motor for $99 on sale. Plan to prep the chassis this week, add a new floor and get it along with the rest of the parts dropped off to the powdercoaters by the end of the week. She might actually get this present a little early...

Comment

Working...
                            X