Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DWI Checkpoints- are they legal in Texas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yes they're legal, but it shouldn't matter.... be smart, get a sober driver or a cab and get home to those you love to do it again tomorrow....

Comment

Originally posted by clevelandkid View Post
      yes they're legal, but it shouldn't matter.... be smart, get a sober driver or a cab and get home to those you love to do it again tomorrow....
      lol yeah its a no brainer
      And Shepherds we shall be

For thee, my Lord, for thee.

Power hath descended forth from Thy hand

Our feet may swiftly carry out Thy commands.

So we shall flow a river forth to Thee

And teeming with souls shall it ever be.

In Nomeni Patri Et Fili Spiritus Sancti

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
        Same exact thing here, minus the sweet car. I've partied it up hardcore plenty of new years and this is the first one I decided to sit out. I tried to get a close friend of mine to have a party at his place so I could just crash there, but he (or his wife more likely) didn't want a bunch of drunk asses at his house. Sooooo........I'm pulling a mustangman 2000 and will just drink a bit at the casa. At least my hangover won't be as furious this time as it has been in the past.
        x2... I'm sitting here drinking monster playing some video games. I'm too fucking scared for some reason.

Comment

I haven't seen a checkpoint in a while. I thought they did do away with them.

Classic one back in the late 70s when they only really cared about was falling down drunks driving... I was using a Lone Star bottle as a spit cup when I rolled up on a checkpoint. Cop asked me if that was a beer bottle and I told him yes.

He handed me back my license and said to drive careful.
          Originally posted by Denny
          I call dibs on Don's balls!

Comment

Originally posted by OldGuysRule View Post
            I haven't seen a checkpoint in a while. I thought they did do away with them.

Classic one back in the late 70s when they only really cared about was falling down drunks driving... I was using a Lone Star bottle as a spit cup when I rolled up on a checkpoint. Cop asked me if that was a beer bottle and I told him yes.

He handed me back my license and said to drive careful.
            Yeah, after I got my DWI, my dad picked me up and after telling me how stupid I was told me it's a different day and age. He said that he got pulled over once and the cop follwed him home (over 10 miles) to make sure he got home safe. Like I've said before, I don't condone what I did, but I got pulled over for a headlight being out and only blew because I hadn't drank very much and was 100% confident that I'd blow below a .08.
            "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

what I've found out is that if I have full coverage, it includes towing. Problem solved!
              HD Parts
              paul@maverickhd.com

Comment

Many times the checkpoints will be set up in blind spots where making a u-turn is virtually impossible w/out bringing a lot of attention to yourself.

Comment

Not sure on DWI checkpoints, but for DL checkpoints we have to post it in the local paper, and put up clearly marked signs the day we do it. Usually they are set up on a nice long stretch of road were you need to do something illegal to turn around.
                  Whos your Daddy?

Comment

We should make the Jews wear something so we know they are Jews...
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    What's your beef with NPR, because their listeners are typically more informed than others?
                    Originally posted by racrguy
                    Voting is a constitutional right, overthrowing the government isn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Broncojohnny View Post
                      We should make the Jews wear something so we know they are Jews...
                      maybe if we had americans who sported this they could automatically bypass said checkpoint?

Comment

Check points are like fishing with a big net, you're bound to catch a bunch without much work. A couple years back a checkpoint was set up here on Polk & hwy67. They were checking driver license and looking at insp/registration stickers, had a bunch of cars pulled over giving out tickets (i mean generating revenue).
                        Still under my hood twisting wrenches!!!

Comment

I know they do it a few weekends a year in Houston. Just read an article about it. They will also be pulling blood from the people that refuse to blow.

Sobriety Checkpoints Present Legal Conundrum

Updated: Friday, 03 Sep 2010, 5:48 PM CDT
                          Published : Friday, 03 Sep 2010, 5:48 PM CDT

HOUSTON - It could be groundbreaking, but right now some people definitely consider it controversial.

What are we talking about?

Prosecutors in Montgomery County may have found a way to go after drunk drivers using sobriety checkpoints.

Those who are stopped at a checkpoint for a traffic violation will be checked for drinking if the officer believes the driver has been drinking, Assistant District Attorney Warren Depram says.

This comes as the county kicks off another 'No Refusal Weekend' that will target drunk drivers.

Sheriff Tommy Gage says there have been more than 180 arrests for DWI so far this year.

It's a decrease compared to more than the 300 arrests from last year.

"That's because of our aggressive enforcement," Sheriff Gage says.

The county may run into problems with their arrests because of the check points, FOX 26 legal analyst Chris Tritico says.

"No matter what you call it, it's still a DWI checkpoint," he says.

Checkpoints are unconstitutional in Texas and must be authorized by the legislator, Tritico says.

Depram says he's moving forward this weekend with the `No Refusal’ sobriety checkpoints.

http://www.myfoxhouston.com/dpp/news...egal-conundrum

Comment

Originally posted by DOHCTR View Post
                            One of the many reasons I am afraid to go out tonight. Not that I plan to get hammered, but cops would jump at the chance to pull over a kid in a corvette.
                            You've got to be fukking kidding me.

That's like saying I live for the day I can catch a black man in a Bentley.

It's driver behavior that catches an officer's attention, unless you're a white kid driving that same Corvette around Stop 6.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
                              You've got to be fukking kidding me.

That's like saying I live for the day I can catch a black man in a Bentley.

It's driver behavior that catches an officer's attention, unless you're a white kid driving that same Corvette around Stop 6.
                              lol yeah cops don't profile. Drive a beater in Coppell sometime!

Comment

Working...
                              X