No announcement yet.

Played golf at the Tribute today......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Played golf at the Tribute today......

So we get there and I'm checking in and the guy asks if I have a pair of slacks in the car, as we dont allow blue jeans. I didnt have any slacks so I had to buy a $75.00 pair of rain pants that they let me have for $50. So I'm not to happy about that, but hey.....I should have checked their dress code ahead of time, so no biggie.

Then we get to the first tee box and they are backed up no less than 8-10 carts, so we didnt tee off until 30-40 minutes after our tee time. Second hole, same thing 8 carts sitting at the box. So far I am NOT digging it !!! But some how after probably the 7th hole, it started moving along pretty good and we got our round finished by 530pm (tee time was 11:20am) so at least it wasn't hurry up and wait the whole round. Still a 6 hour round of golf though.

My overall experience was ok I guess, but not for the prices they charge out there. Only way I will be back is if they drop the prices a whole lot and I dont see that happening.

But wait, heeeeeeeere is the good part. We were paired up with another M/F twosome, they were cool and all, and we had a good time, but the guy started playing like shit probably the last 4-5 holes. So you know he's cussing and what not. On the 16th box, after a bad tee shot, this dude throws his driver from the tee box into a stone wall on the otherside of the cart path....so I'm thinking, HOLY SHIT, hahaha.

Fast forward to the 17th green, Im up there putting and the next thing I notice.....this guy is over there emptying his bag, he air mailed everyone of his Mizuno's irons into the lake, one by one, as hard and far as he could throw them !!!!!!! FUCKING AWESOME !!!!! I started lauging my ass off, I couldn't help it. I'm sure he didnt appreciate that too much, but what can I say. Only bad part that by the time I got to my phone to film the meltdown, the show was over.

Oh yea, the driver he threw into the wall on 16 was a brand new Taylormade R9 and that was his first time out with it.
    Vortex rear stand $75
    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
    11 4 door
    13 FX2 White 5.0

I hate people like that and would have told him about himself. I have had a could fights on the golf course for stupid shit like that.

Comment

I literately LOLd thanks!

Comment

Why in the fuck would you go to the Tribute wearing blue jeans, Dapper Dan???

On the note of the guy going bonkers, he would've been reported to the head pro. That's a $120+ round of golf getting fucked by some inconsiderate asshole.
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Originally posted by davbrucas View Post
          I hate people like that and would have told him about himself. I have had a could fights on the golf course for stupid shit like that.
          I don't know you from a can of paint, but just from your keyboard talk around here, I can totally see that. Just an observation flying by at 5000ft....

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
            I don't know you from a can of paint, but just from your keyboard talk around here, I can totally see that. Just an observation flying by at 5000ft....
            Is that a dig against me?

Comment

I know where you're coming from. I don't play a whole lot. Maybe a couple times a year. So, I suck. But I'm not the shitty kind of suck, where I'm going to hold up the people I'm with or the people behind us. But golf snobs irritate me. One of my biggest customers is a huge golf snob. He had a 7 hour layover in DFW once, so we picked him up and played Bear Creek, and the mother fucker wouldn't shut the fuck up about the planes, me sucking, and any other little thing he could find to complain about. Keep in mind, food, booze, and golf were, and always are free for him. The round ended with me asking him if he's ever had a 9 iron shoved up his ass sideways, and warned him that he was about to. We haven't played since.

When he's usually in town, he plays for free at Stonebridge, Four Seasons, Riverchase, Las Colinas CC (probably plays this one the most), etc. Free to him, it's always on my tab.... But this sorry sack of shit will find something, anything, and everything to complain about every goddamn time. It's annoying as fuck. Moral of the story - Golf snobs suck.
              Originally posted by BradM
              But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
              Originally posted by Leah
              In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                I know where you're coming from. I don't play a whole lot. Maybe a couple times a year. So, I suck. But I'm not the shitty kind of suck, where I'm going to hold up the people I'm with or the people behind us. But golf snobs irritate me. One of my biggest customers is a huge golf snob. He had a 7 hour layover in DFW once, so we picked him up and played Bear Creek, and the mother fucker wouldn't shut the fuck up about the planes, me sucking, and any other little thing he could find to complain about. Keep in mind, food, booze, and golf were, and always are free for him. The round ended with me asking him if he's ever had a 9 iron shoved up his ass sideways, and warned him that he was about to. We haven't played since.

When he's usually in town, he plays for free at Stonebridge, Four Seasons, Riverchase, Las Colinas CC (probably plays this one the most), etc. Free to him, it's always on my tab.... But this sorry sack of shit will find something, anything, and everything to complain about every goddamn time. It's annoying as fuck. Moral of the story - Golf snobs suck.
                Seriously, I wonder how many people like that have no clue that if it wasn't for their money... a lot of folks would not want anything to do with them. Being in sales I've heard the stories of the guys/girls that completely detach themselves from reality and think that since they're cutting a check... They're God. It's something I hope I never have to do: kiss someone's ass to the point that all I can taste is apathy and drown my ethics.
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

where can i get some scuba equipment?
                  95 Rio Red Cobra#3881

http://www.bborr.com/2013/2013results.html#115

Comment

Originally posted by openroadracer View Post
                    where can i get some scuba equipment?
                    They looked like older mizunos, so its probably not worth it.
                    Vortex rear stand $75
                    8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
                    My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
                    but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
                    11 4 door
                    13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Working...
                    X