No announcement yet.

Extreme couponing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

years ago, i had a friend who's wife was really into coupons, and she went shopping once a week (at midnight, so she didn't hold up everybody)... anyway, my wife and i went with her to see how she did things...she had us get all of the coupons ahead of time, put them together in a card file, etc. anyway, we left with 4-buggies of groceries, and get this...they gave us money when we left!!! they actually paid us! we ended up with a negative amount, after all of the coupons were processed...shortly after, they stopped paying you for the "negative" amount, so you could just get a bunch of stuff (meats, etc) to offset the difference, so it would be at or near zero when you checked out. anyway, it's some crazy stuff, but you have to have a lot of patience to do it, and it takes quite a bit of work to work the system. we gave the majority of what we got to a local food bank and some families at my in-laws' church.

Comment

We were able to get $87 off a $200 bill at Krogers this weekend. It really wasn't that hard either. We just bought a double sunday paper, cut out all the coupons and went to town. After double and triple couponing, it really does add up.

You just have to make sure you get nothing but what is on sale.

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
        Anyone? Bueller?
        Flywheel is managed WordPress hosting built for designers and creative agencies. Build, scale, and managed hundreds of WP sites with ease on Flywheel.

My wife can get anywhere from 60-99% off of her shopping. No lie.

Comment

Originally posted by 8mpg View Post
          Milk will stay good past the date stamped on the jug
          My fucking ass. I struggle to go near milk if it's the day before the expiration date; I'm not taking any chances with something that contains that much bacteria.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
            My fucking ass. I struggle to go near milk if it's the day before the expiration date; I'm not taking any chances with something that contains that much bacteria.
            Roger that.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
              Originally posted by Denny View Post
              Roger that.
              As long as it hasn't been opened, 8mpg is generally right. The shelf lives are based on timetables for HTST or High Temperature Short Time pasteurization. while most bottlers now use UHT pasteurization. They are shelf stable for at least their expiration dates most of the time, which actually means that as long as you don't open them, they don't even require refrigeration. The army has had UHT milk for 20 years now, and basically everyone goes for it. The big hurdles are the environmental cleaning of equipment after the pasteurizer (the crate washer, the homogenizer, the fillers, the fill room, etc.) If you can keep that stuff clean, you're in good shape. Hell, Horizon's UHT milk is shelf stable for like 6 months, according to some studies. The thing to watch out for is off flavoring, or a fast shift in flavor over time.
              ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                As long as it hasn't been opened, 8mpg is generally right. The shelf lives are based on timetables for HTST or High Temperature Short Time pasteurization. while most bottlers now use UHT pasteurization. They are shelf stable for at least their expiration dates most of the time, which actually means that as long as you don't open them, they don't even require refrigeration. The army has had UHT milk for 20 years now, and basically everyone goes for it. The big hurdles are the environmental cleaning of equipment after the pasteurizer (the crate washer, the homogenizer, the fillers, the fill room, etc.) If you can keep that stuff clean, you're in good shape. Hell, Horizon's UHT milk is shelf stable for like 6 months, according to some studies. The thing to watch out for is off flavoring, or a fast shift in flavor over time.
                I'll just bypass all of that and go soy. Once the flavor changes, I can't bring myself to drinking milk.

Comment

I'll just bypass all of that and go soy. Once the flavor changes, I can't bring myself to drinking milk.
                  Those people have no idea what clean is.
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I did the grocery game for awhile and dropped the service eventually - the only deals that they seemed to have was on stuff that i don't use or don't need a shitload of, like air fresheners, candy, and crap like that. Stuff i do use was never on sale. Occasionally they would have a smoking deal that i would use but it barely offset the cost of the service. Now i just cut the coupons out of the sunday paper and take them to the store.

Comment

www.mydallasmommy.com

My wife can get anywhere from 60-99% off of her shopping. No lie.
                      This looks like it is going to come in handy.

Comment

Working...
                      X