Extreme couponing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme couponing?

Caught this show last night about 4 people who did extreme couponing. People getting hundreds or even over a thousand dollars in groceries for little to nothing at all. Looked like some of it was just more hoarding. I did think it was neat that once guy would pass on some of his hauls to his church's food bank at least. I can't see hoarding some of that stuff. Anyone know anyone first hand that does this?

Originally posted by Frank View Post
    Caught this show last night about 4 people who did extreme couponing. People getting hundreds or even over a thousand dollars in groceries for little to nothing at all. Looked like some of it was just more hoarding. I did think it was neat that once guy would pass on some of his hauls to his church's food bank at least. I can't see hoarding some of that stuff. Anyone know anyone first hand that does this?
    I wish I had the patience and time to do it to that extent, but I am a coupon queen to the best of my abilities.
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

This one gal said she spent 70 hours a week. Of course they didn't have kids. She took down the stores cash register when it locked up because it reached its limit. They had to re-ring 9 carts in 3 different lines. She had been there 6 hours shopping and checking out.

Comment

This one gal said she spent 70 hours a week. Of course they didn't have kids. She took down the stores cash register when it locked up because it reached its limit. They had to re-ring 9 carts in 3 different lines. She had been there 6 hours shopping and checking out.
        Yeah, I don't have that kind of time NOR dedication. I spent about 4-5 hours a week clipping/preparing and shopping when I did the grocerygame thing.
        Token Split Tail

You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

For the record, my wife does the coupon thing and consistently comes home with reciepts from Krogers where she's saved like 150 out of 500 bucks! This happens ALL the time. From insurance to groceries, she's the bomb! I couldn't do it!
          Originally posted by Taya Kyle, American Gun
          There comes a time when honest debate, serious diplomatic efforts, and logical arguments have been exhausted and only men and women willing to take up arms against evil will suffice to save the freedom of a nation or continent.

Comment

That shit is crazy, I don't see how people can do it. I know when I worked at a grocery store when I was 16 I wanted to kill people who had a ton of coupons.

Comment

Yeah man, I watched that documentary and came away pretty angry at them. Clearly they are exploiting the system, and it verges on robbery. They have no need for any of the items they are hoarding, and clearly they are taking thousands of dollars of items from the store. Although it's within the limitations of the coupons, essentially what it's doing is sealing the fate of all supermarkets which are open enough to allow multiple coupons. In a few months all coupons will be limit 1 per customer, and the days of maybe getting 3-4 toothbrushes for cheap will be gone because some 500lb lard ass extreme couponer was buying 1,800 of them every other week.
              "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
              "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

I saw that and the thing that stood out to me was..... How the hell is it possible to get $1100 worth of items for $125, and one gal got like $500 worth of stuff for $2.53?

Last I saw the best you could do on coupons was either buy one get one free or like half off??

Comment

If they'd get real jobs they wouldn't have to be that jewish.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                    I saw that and the thing that stood out to me was..... How the hell is it possible to get $1100 worth of items for $125, and one gal got like $500 worth of stuff for $2.53?

Last I saw the best you could do on coupons was either buy one get one free or like half off??
                    The way it works is that you get the stuff that is on sale AND use the coupon-sometimes making the item free. Say something that is NORMALLY $2.00 is on sale for $.99 then you have a coupon that is worth $.50 BUT the store doubles up to that so now it's free. There were quite a few of those when I was doing it.
                    Token Split Tail

Comment

Originally posted by Leah View Post
                      The way it works is that you get the stuff that is on sale AND use the coupon-sometimes making the item free. Say something that is NORMALLY $2.00 is on sale for $.99 then you have a coupon that is worth $.50 BUT the store doubles up to that so now it's free. There were quite a few of those when I was doing it.
                      Fuck that - too much work.

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                        Fuck that - too much work.
                        That's why I liked the grocery game. It did it all for you-print the list, pull your coupons and head to the store. Hell, I had to stop doing it because we were running out of space for it all. I'm not a hoarder so we just quit. It's been a year and I'm still not out of kleenex, dish soap, cleaner, hand soap, etc.
                        Token Split Tail

Comment

I tend to get things that I'm saving at least half the normal price on, which is why my deep freeze is full of steaks. Not a single one of them, bone in ribeye or t bone was more than 2.99 a pound.

I love the shopping game.
                          I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

Comment

My wife is heavily networked in the couponing world. She has a stuffed 3" binder with everything categorized in sleeves for baseball cards. I've seen her work crap at CVS (her biggest victim) with around $100 worth of stuff to walking out paying nothing with cash AND gaining several CVS bucks for a future purchase. It's funny to watch the employees gather around the cashier to see what is coming up.

She mainly does CVS, Walgreens and Albertsons.The most impressive was just about a year ago when the total at Albertsons was $272 and something in change and she paid $80 even.

At first, it took up a lot of her time, but once she got on several email lists and facebook groups, it's literally a couple hours a week. She has held classes for it at church and showed several of her friends. Most yeild similar results.

Comment

Originally posted by 5.0_CJ View Post
                              Yeah man, I watched that documentary and came away pretty angry at them. Clearly they are exploiting the system, and it verges on robbery. They have no need for any of the items they are hoarding, and clearly they are taking thousands of dollars of items from the store. Although it's within the limitations of the coupons, essentially what it's doing is sealing the fate of all supermarkets which are open enough to allow multiple coupons. In a few months all coupons will be limit 1 per customer, and the days of maybe getting 3-4 toothbrushes for cheap will be gone because some 500lb lard ass extreme couponer was buying 1,800 of them every other week.
                              Store managers and manufaturers both don't mind it. In fact, most of the hints on these deals are "leaked" by them.

Comment

Working...
                              X