Question about buying a car from here for an Okie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about buying a car from here for an Okie

My brother in law is trying to find his daughter a car when she turns 16 in November. We all know 16 year olds are terrible drivers and so he is keeping the first car sub $3000.

I found a nice Honda Accord, 2 door, V6, fully loaded with 147k miles on it. From the pictures it looks incredibly nice and it's well priced at $2400. We had an appointment this Saturday to see it.

My BIL just called and said the guy doesn't even have the title. He's one of those guys that picks them up at auctions, has a TX dealers license, and sells from his house.

Is it wise/possible to go ahead and buy the car without the title and then apply for it in OK, or just move along?

TLDR: Oklahoman resident wants to buy TX titled car, but owner does not have title due to it being an auction car...should I buy?

MOVE ALONG.

There are waaaaay too many cars out there with clean/clear titles.
    Plus, buying at an auction means (probably) no one has a clue about this car's background. Keep in mind that there was extensive flooding this and last year and the totalled/salvage cars are flooding the market (pun intended).

Comment

Originally posted by 90MarkVII View Post
      MOVE ALONG.

There are waaaaay too many cars out there with clean/clear titles.
      Plus, buying at an auction means (probably) no one has a clue about this car's background. Keep in mind that there was extensive flooding this and last year and the totalled/salvage cars are flooding the market (pun intended).
      That was the feeling I was getting, but a second public opinion can't hurt.

My family likes auction cars. We bought 3 during 2010 that were all auction cars, and they were good.

Comment

Originally posted by IHaveAMustang View Post
        That was the feeling I was getting, but a second public opinion can't hurt.

My family likes auction cars. We bought 3 during 2010 that were all auction cars, and they were good.
        Long time ago I worked with a company in Austin named Lemon Busters. Pre-purchase detailed inspection for used cars. You would be amazed at how many flood cars were trying to be passed off. Clip cars were found all the time as well.

Comment

Long time ago I worked with a company in Austin named Lemon Busters. Pre-purchase detailed inspection for used cars. You would be amazed at how many flood cars were trying to be passed off. Clip cars were found all the time as well.
          Clip cars?

Comment

Take the front of a car that has been rear ended, and the back of a car with a trashed front end. Cut them in 1/2, weld together the good halves, throw a paint job on it and try to pass it off.

Comment

Take the front of a car that has been rear ended, and the back of a car with a trashed front end. Cut them in 1/2, weld together the good halves, throw a paint job on it and try to pass it off.
              Oh, that's just awesome...lol

Comment

Working...
              X