Verizon is selling your browsing, location, and demographic data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Verizon is selling your browsing, location, and demographic data

I'm not a tin foil douchebag, but i fucking hate it when people make money off my unmarked data, I want a fucking cut.

Log in or register your My Verizon account today! You can check your data usage, pay your bills and manage your account without having to go to a Verizon store.

One of those, you have to opt-out when you find out about it gimmicks.

Using the postal address we have for you and certain consumer information such as your device type, language preference and demographic and interest categories provided to us by other companies (such as gender, age range, sports fan, frequent diner, or pet owner), we will determine whether you fit within an audience category that an advertiser is trying to reach.
    So another words, they are selling your location information, your hobbies, sex/age, and other items without your consent and getting paid for it.

Mobile usage information includes the addresses or information in URLs (such as search terms) of websites you visit when you use our wireless service, the location of your device ("Location Information"), and your use of applications and features.
    Selling of your browsing history as well as your location at the time of browsing.

Every credit/debit card issuer, ISP, search engine, cable company supplying DVRs, email service, and cell phone provider sells your history/location/habits to private and public entitites.
    US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

I'm deleting the internet, thanks hobie.

Comment

who gives a shit.

Comment

Where's Ron Swanson?

Comment

Originally posted by abecx View Post
            I'm deleting the internet, thanks hobie.
            It makes me want to go analog in this digital world.

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
            who gives a shit.
            Maybe I'm just getting old, but the older I get the more I like the idea of privacy. Sometimes I want to "opt-out" of the modern world so to speak.

On the other hand, having youtube and google in the palm of my hand is rad. We're all going to die sooner or later, what are ya gonna do???
            US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Pretty naive if you're not aware of this already.
              Last edited by 07Bluovl; 10-11-2012, 09:38 PM.
              2012 5.0 M6
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 07Bluovl View Post
                Pretty nieve if you're not aware of this already.
                Originally posted by talisman
                I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                Originally posted by AdamLX
                If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                Because fuck you, that's why
                Originally posted by 80coupe
                nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                Originally posted by Rick Modena
                ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                Originally posted by Jester
                Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Everyone you do business with does it. You can't stop it and who cares

Comment

Working...
                  X