Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mom, 1-Year-Old Child Live Alongside Squatter Who Refuses to Leave Their Detroit Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mom, 1-Year-Old Child Live Alongside Squatter Who Refuses to Leave Their Detroit Home

Heidi Peterson says a squatter moved into her home about a month ago while she and her one-year-old baby weren’t living in the house. The woman re-worked the plumbing, changed the locks, put up her own photos … and now, won’t leave. So, she, Peterson, and Peterson’s little one are sleeping under the same roof.

It gets stranger, folks.

“She thinks this is a program in Detroit to take people’s homes and fix them up and then she gets to keep them,” Peterson told a local news station.

Under the current law, a homeowner cannot remove a squatter by force. Peterson said she’s currently trying to file a civil action suit to prove that the home is her property and to evict the lady who has planted roots.

Fox News Flash keeps you up to date on the news being made and opinions being given across all of Fox News’ platforms.
    I wear a Fez. Fez-es are cool

i would come home and think it was an intruder. problem solved.

god bless.
    It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Breaking and entering isn't illegal?

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        The argument is "prove it's breaking and entering", and getting very technical on exact wording.
        Originally posted by PGreenCobra
        I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
        Originally posted by Trip McNeely
        Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
        dont downshift!!
        Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I heard a strange noise in the night, found a stranger in my house and shot them.

Comment

Originally posted by DON SVO View Post
            The argument is "prove it's breaking and entering", and getting very technical on exact wording.

I don't understand why this lady hasn't started smashing all this womans shit and changed the locks. And now living there with her? It's almost unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
              I heard a strange noise in the night, found a stranger in my house and shot them.
              "Manolo... choot dat pisochit"

Originally posted by PGreenCobra
              I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
              Originally posted by Trip McNeely
              Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
              dont downshift!!
              Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Just shoot the bitch. Problem solved.

Comment

I don't care what the "law" says, I would force them out of my house.

It is stories like these, and knowing that the courts will do nothing, that remind me this country is spiraling downward. Its sad, really really sad.
                  "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                  -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                    It's Detroit...
                    Originally posted by MR EDD
                    U defend him who use's racial slurs like hes drinking water.

Comment

Fuck Detroit. Their off duty police officers were handing out flyers warning everyone to come see the playoffs at their own risk.

Comment

Originally posted by slow06 View Post
                        I don't care what the "law" says, I would force them out of my house.

It is stories like these, and knowing that the courts will do nothing, that remind me this country is spiraling downward. Its sad, really really sad.
                        Squatters "rights" are among some of the oldest laws we have and Detroit has been falling apart since the race riots of the 60's.

Some places are going up and others are going down. Think about NYC, times square specifically, today compared to the 80's. It went from masses of peep shows, prostitution, and vice to a place you take the family sightseeing on vacation.
                        US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Originally posted by Hobie View Post
                          Squatters "rights" are among some of the oldest laws we have and Detroit has been falling apart since the race riots of the 60's.

Some places are going up and others are going down. Think about NYC, times square specifically, today compared to the 80's. It went from masses of peep shows, prostitution, and vice to a place you take the family sightseeing on vacation.
                          Then lets look at what has (apparently) changed. If the laws have been there for a long time, then the attitude of the people seems to be what is effecting this change. Lets talk about what I would call the integrity (there may be a better word) of the people themselves. This squatter knows that the house is not hers and she is trying to take it anyway. That is a problem to me. That shows a lack of integrity.

I know some will disagree with me but IMO just because you have the legal "right" to do something doesn't mean you should. From what I have seen it is clear that you can follow the letter of the law but still lack integrity, that is probably what I would call this situation.

IMO without self enforced integrity (or a moral code or some idea of what is right and wrong) our society has no chance. I have my opinions on what the answer to that problem is but this isn't the Theology forum, so I'll leave that part out for now.

I realize it isn't all bad though and some places are getting better, although I would say the majority is slowly going in a bad direction.
                          "A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have."
                          -Gerald Ford/Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Seems to me the owner could just as well change the locks and photograph all possible entry points and such just like the squatter did. Afterall, for the squatter to regain entry, they would have to break their way in and there would be photo proof.

Comment

Originally posted by LAWS
                              First, the squatter is guilty of criminal trespass if they enter property after they have been told not to by the owner, responsible party, or occupant, or if they remain on the property after they have been told to leave by the owner, responsible party, or occupant of the property.7 In this instance, the squatter can be removed by the local police and charged with a misdemeanor.
                              The property can not be classified as abandoned unless they tried to reach the owner with no response. This person has rights, they are just making a fucking story out of nothing. But yeah, our country is going down so fast [/sassystang]

Comment

Working...
                              X