Question about getting pulled over by the police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
    So I run a vehicle and I get a hit for stolen or expired MVR? No good PC for a stop you say?.
    If you have a "reasonable suspicion" a crime has been committed. What "reasonable suspicion" did the cop have here to run the tag in the first place? Other than Driving While Mexican.

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
      If you have a "reasonable suspicion" a crime has been committed. What "reasonable suspicion" did the cop have here to run the tag in the first place? Other than Driving While Mexican.
      Why do we run tags?

There was something recent on this but you have no reasonable expectation of privacy for the information contained on your license plate, and thus, no probable cause is required to run a computer check.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

I dont understand, why is there a 2 page thread about why this dude got pulled over again?

If the plate comes back invalid, hot, no ins, whatever on the computer, he's getting stopped. Period. Why bitch? I used to get pulled over when I bought my truck because the plates came back invalid when ran by the police. Somehow the state's system didnt report it. I never got a ticket, and I didnt like getting stopped. I went and requested new plates for $5 and solved the problem.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
          I dont understand, why is there a 2 page thread about why this dude got pulled over again?

If the plate comes back invalid, hot, no ins, whatever on the computer, he's getting stopped. Period. Why bitch? I used to get pulled over when I bought my truck because the plates came back invalid when ran by the police. Somehow the state's system didnt report it. I never got a ticket, and I didnt like it. I went and requested new plates for $5 and solved the problem.
          We were building to that. Sometimes it takes a while.
          Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by kingjason View Post
            Why do we run tags?

There was something recent on this but you have no reasonable expectation of privacy for the information contained on your license plate, and thus, no probable cause is required to run a computer check.
            How come your dept doesn't allow you to make a stop for a no insurance hit then?

Comment

Originally posted by Jose View Post
              He's trying to see if he can get out of the ticket
              Renew the lic. would be a good start
              sigpic
              "Lookin' back in front of me in the mirror's a grin,
              through eyes of love I see I'm really lookin' at a friend
              We've all had our problems that's the way life is,
              my heart goes out to others who are there to make amends".

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                How come your dept doesn't allow you to make a stop for a no insurance hit then?
                Who knows. I just know that a lot do. Maybe they just do not want to handle the complaints.
                Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Everyone hates a cop until they need one, and yes the cops in my town are dicks.

Comment

Originally posted by 564826 View Post
                    Everyone hates a cop until they need one, and yes the cops in my town are dicks.
                    A gun in hand is better than a cop on phone. My distrust of cops came from when a man broke into my garage, I almost hit him with my truck, and he still got away, then when I pointed him out to the police they said there was nothing they could do, then tried to arrest me when I said I'd take care of it. Fuck the police.

Comment

Add Wylie and Sachse to that list of money hungry departments.

Fwiw, I know of one case in which Sachse filed a DWI on a guy for a point zero three. That's .03, less than half the legal requirement. What is that, one beer? One and a half?

Cocksuckers!
                      www.allforoneroofing.com

Comment

Working...
                      X