Any electronics people here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any electronics people here?

Looking for little help. My girlfriend did a bra for "Bra's for the Cause" to help raise money for breast cancer research. I'm trying to set up a 20 second recorder to play a sound triggered by a motion detector. It is sponsored by the vet clinic she runs. The theme is look at these puppies. The recording module which works on a switch. The switch is a depression switch, push the rubber button and it closes the circuit. I want to replace the switch with a PIR (Passive Infrared Motion Sensor). The sensor I have is from Parallax #555-28027-RT, The pins on this circuit are VCC, Grnd, and OUT. What I can't seem to figure out, is if I can use the out pin to trigger the recording device. Can I wire it to the board, or does it need to go through a PIC
    Last edited by black2002ls; 10-10-2012, 06:41 AM.
    Originally posted by Leah
    Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

You do know what is going to be requested of you, do you not?
    How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Make all of the requests you want! I've been around long enough, I'm not producing. However, I will gladly post pictures of the Bra when we are done

Comment

No puppies = no help...

Comment

I just want to rubber button...

Sent from my LGL45C using Tapatalk 2
          "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Since OUT is a high signal, you could use that with an NPN BJT (transistor) that will act like a switch.

Here's a decent article on it: http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_3/chpt_4/2.html

If you need help getting it sorted out, let me know.

Now, make with the puppy pics.
            Men have become the tools of their tools.
            -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

A huge thanks to Bernie. Thanks to his input, I got this all sorted out. I had all of the parts, It just took some outside input to get my thinking straight and get it working. So, if anyone needs a motion activated sound effect, I've got the plans to make one, Total Cost was right about $40. It should yield LOTS of practical jokes after this event! Now I think its time for an arduino or some other type of programmable circuit and refresh my memory and have some fun

Comment

Originally posted by BERNIE MOSFET View Post
                Since OUT is a high signal, you could use that with an NPN BJT (transistor) that will act like a switch.

Here's a decent article on it: http://www.allaboutcircuits.com/vol_3/chpt_4/2.html

If you need help getting it sorted out, let me know.

Now, make with the puppy pics.

Comment

Working...
                X