Lawyer recommendation in Dallas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lawyer recommendation in Dallas?

Fortunately not for me, but I'm trying to help someone out who wants to get their record expunged. Any recommendations on who to go with?

Jim Adler

Comment

I've never lawyer'd before, but I'll give it a try.
      Ded

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
        Fortunately not for me, but I'm trying to help someone out who wants to get their record expunged. Any recommendations on who to go with?
        They can do it themselves if they have the patience to do so. It takes a few months from start to finish though....

Comment

Originally posted by 89FivePointOh View Post
          They can do it themselves if they have the patience to do so. It takes a few months from start to finish though....
          Yep, friend of mine did hers years back. Google it.

Comment

Call Saul

Comment

any lawyer can get that done. prolly around $1k.

god bless.
              It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                any lawyer can get that done. prolly around $1k.

god bless.
                Some of those assholes charge $10k though, I heard.
                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

Originally posted by Geor! View Post
                  Some of those assholes charge $10k though, I heard.
                  yes, the $10k is what Col. Tom is getting expunged.

god bless.
                  It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Do it yourself; it is very easy. There is a $262 filing fee per charge and they have to hold the hearing within 30 days of you filing with the clerk. I can show you how if needed. What county are you wanting to get a charge expunged in?
                    Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

make sure the person doing it knows that employers will still find out that they were arrested for whatever offense...

Comment

What was the original crime, were they found guilty and what county did it happen? All of those make a difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Gear_Jammer View Post
                          What was the original crime, were they found guilty and what county did it happen? All of those make a difference.
                          Assualt, case dismissed, Dallas county

Comment

Originally posted by A_A_G View Post
                            Assualt, case dismissed, Dallas county
                            so what exactly is your friend trying to get done if it was dismissed?

Comment

Originally posted by jewozzy View Post
                              make sure the person doing it knows that employers will still find out that they were arrested for whatever offense...

Not always but it may come up from time to time. I had 3 serious charges from the late 80's that were dismissed and I filed for expungment the same day. Back then they would physically remove the hard copies of the records and hand them to you along with making it a class A misdemeanor for anyone to raise the issue once it was expunged. These charges never pop up anywhere but I did have an officer tell the father of a gal I was dating that I had killed someone and had to file a complaint with his department. The department took it seriously and I told them that a simple apology from the officer was all that was needed to resolve the issue.

Some charges from the early 90's that were expunged do pop up in the pay for back ground checks sites but not during a real TCIC or NCIC search. The private sites will remove them as soon as you notify them of the error. This is caused by the way they buy and process the information from the state.

I would be happy to assist anyone here in clearing their record but you can't expunge a conviction; only charges that were no billed, dismissals under certain circumstances, or outright acquittals are eligible. PM me for details.
                              Magnus, I am your father. You need to ask your mother about a man named Calvin Klein.

Comment

Working...
                              X