effing jury summons!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• effing jury summons!!

After spending 2 years as a witness in a false dwi and imprisonment case with DPD on one of my friends (not guilty btw) I have absolutely no desire to see Frank Crowley's statue or deal with his crazy ass parking situation anymore.

What have some of you guys done to get out of it?

Would really hate to have to go and explain to 3 Sheriff's that my smoke is actually from a an e-cig for 30 minutes again.. Seriously..

TIA

lol, work pays for Judy Duty leave, and I usually end up with most of the day off so it doesn't bother me. Had both city and county in the last year. Perp didn't show up for the city, and I was like number 36 out of 40 in the selection for the county. They filled up the box long before they got to me. Do your civic duty Lance!

Comment

Yep id just do it.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        lol, work pays for Judy Duty leave, and I usually end up with most of the day off so it doesn't bother me. Had both city and county in the last year. Perp didn't show up for the city, and I was like number 36 out of 40 in the selection for the county. They filled up the box long before they got to me. Do your civic duty Lance!

LOL.. UGH..

I don't get jury duty pay though..

Comment

Originally posted by 034V View Post
          LOL.. UGH..

I don't get jury duty pay though..

Sure you do. $6 for the first day and something like $36 a day after that. lmao Choooooo$$$$Choooooooo$$$$$$!

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Sure you do. $6 for the first day and something like $36 a day after that. lmao Choooooo$$$$Choooooooo$$$$$$!
            SHIT I'M INNNNNN!!

lmao

Comment

Tell them you are prejudice or racist. Works every time, or so I hear.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post

Doesn't work so well in the UK.

Comment

shiiiiiiit, don't let me get on jury duty. i'll be like pauly shore trying to get the case to go as long as possible

<----would still get paid(choooooo$$$$choooooooo$$$$$$!) and could not get fired from yob

Comment

Originally posted by Lone Sailor View Post
                    A friend of mine once stated to them, "I'm not prejudiced, I hate them all equally".

He was dismissed.

Comment

Walk in there and tell them you have more important things to do.

Comment

I enjoy jury duty, its always an interesting experience.

I believe it is more difficult to be chosen than not, the last two I have gone to I ended up not being picked. The last one wasn't all that exciting, he was a repeat DWI (I think he was on his 4th or 5th) so it was not that disappointing that I wasn't picked. The one before that, the perp cut a deal so there was no need for a jury. I have been part of a couple of armed robberies, those were fun.
                        Last edited by Duncan; 10-03-2012, 08:19 AM.

Comment

Throw the summons away, works everytime
                          '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
                          '13 Dodge Cummins
                          '14 Rubicon X

Comment

I got picked a whole lot when I was in Iraq. Since ive been home I havent got a summons. I cant wait! I don't know why people hate it, but I've also never gone.
                            DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Originally posted by white88 View Post
                              Throw the summons away, works everytime
                              The Fred Sanford act can catch up though.

On a side note I was out drinking one night when a friend of mine looks over at this 6ft 5" Asian dude and said "hey are you Yu?" Guy asked if he was a racist and then my drunken friend replied "me, no I own a color TV".. He got punched.

Comment

Working...
                              X