Xzibit: "Pimp My Ride Made Me Broke"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Xzibit: "Pimp My Ride Made Me Broke"

Alvin Joiner, a.k.a. Xzibit, a.k.a. recursive Internet meme guy, owes nearly $1 million in delinquent federal taxes. His excuse for not paying them? The cancellation of Pimp My Ride. Seriously.

Get the latest local Detroit and Michigan breaking news and analysis , sports and scores, photos, video and more from The Detroit News.

Alvin Joiner, a.k.a. Xzibit, a.k.a. recursive Internet meme guy, owes nearly $1 million in delinquent federal taxes. His excuse for not paying them? The cancellation of Pimp My Ride. Seriously.

The rapper-turned-actor-turned-host-turned-tax-evader has declared bankruptcy twice since 2009 and had both bankruptcies dismissed according to Tax Watchdog. Halfway through last year he had assets of approximately $739,433 but owed more than $1.4 million.

His claim that cancellation of the show that made him famous is behind his financial problems doesn't appear to be entirely untrue, as his records indicate he made $497,175 for headlining Pimp My Ride in 2007 and the next year, after the show was canceled, only made a paltry $67,510.

The most interesting revelation from his tax records? He didn't own a car while hosting the show. He was leasing a 2006 Range Rover for $2,230 a month. Bad Xzibit, imagine what the guys in the shop could have done with a 1986 Range Rover you bought for $2,230.

Val Kilmer facing 'Heat' from feds

Actor Val Kilmer is having a hard time selling his 6,000-acre ranch in New Mexico and a harder time shaking the IRS. The "MacGruber" and "Kiss Kiss Bang Bang" star owes almost $500,000 in delinquent federal taxes, according to public records.

The new tax lien was filed in November, seven months after the IRS released a $538,858 tax debt.

The 50-year-old Juilliard-trained star was in Detroit last year shooting scenes for "Kill the Irishman" with co-star Christopher Walken. Filming locations included Corktown, the Cass Corridor, Roma Cafe in Eastern Market and the ruins of Tiger Stadium.

His latest flick, "Gun," was shot in Grand Rapids, where co-star 50 Cent recently introduced the movie during a red-carpet premiere.

What's owed:

* The IRS filed a $498,165 lien against Kilmer on Nov. 30 with the Santa Fe County Clerk.

Also listed on the lien is his Pecos River Ranch near Santa Fe. It's for sale for $18.5 million -- down from last year's $33 million asking price.

His side:

Kilmer's agent did not respond to an e-mail seeking comment.

From The Detroit News: http://apps.detnews.com/apps/blogs/t...#ixzz19asBvYO5

Comment

they better not fuck with the IRS, just ask Wesley Snipes.

Comment

Baldwin brother bankroller booed by IRS

Royal Oak resident Daniel Popa, a telecommunications executive and film studio financier whose money helped bankroll "The Flintstones in Viva Rock Vegas" actor Stephen Baldwin's much-maligned career, owes more than $1.5 million in delinquent federal taxes, records show.

Popa, 37, is founder and CEO of NECC Telecom Inc., a world-wide long-distance phone service provider targeting ethnic minority groups. Popa is a Romanian immigrant who set up the phone company as a service for his native people and other ethnic groups.

In 2006, Popa launched Stone Bridge Films. Based in Florida, the studio is scheduled to release the film "Loving the Bad Man" next year, featuring Baldwin as a Skinhead leader who, oddly, has a pair of 8s tattooed on his forehead.

What's owed:

* The IRS filed a $336,278 lien against Popa on Nov. 2 in Broward County (Fla.) Circuit Court. According to the lien, he owes income taxes from 2008.
        * The IRS filed a $519,259 lien against Popa on June 30 in Palm Beach County (Fla.) Circuit Court. He owes taxes from 2008, according to the lien.
        * The IRS filed a $669,216 lien against Popa on May 18 with the Oakland County Register of Deeds.

The address on the Palm Beach lien is Popa's five-acre, 25,000-square-foot estate in Boca Raton, which comes with 16 bedrooms, a 14-car garage and its own nickname: Villa Valahia. The house, which Popa bought from former Boston Red Sox All-Star Jose Offerman, is for sale for $6.5 million, marked down from $12.9 million.

From The Detroit News: http://apps.detnews.com/apps/blogs/t...#ixzz19bNQgkJ9

Comment

Comment

The show made him broke? Yeah right. The show made him some nice scratch, his inability to budget and save made him broke.

Comment

I have a great idea. He should try rapping.
              this is Xzibit with teh song paparazzi, real cool song xD# for clean version see: goo.gl/xb7i9end song: Bullet for my valentine - tears don't fall
              Last edited by ThreeFingerPete; 12-30-2010, 01:54 PM.

Comment

Wesley Snipes looks pissed.
                Originally posted by talisman
                I wonder if there will be a new character that specializes in bjj and passive agressive comebacks?
                Originally posted by AdamLX
                If there was, I wouldn't pick it because it would probably just keep leaving the game and then coming back like nothing happened.
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                Because fuck you, that's why
                Originally posted by 80coupe
                nice dick, Idrivea4banger
                Originally posted by Rick Modena
                ......and idrivea4banger is a real person.
                Originally posted by Jester
                Man ive always wanted to smoke a bowl with you. Just seem like a cool cat.

Comment

Originally posted by 71chevellejohn View Post
                  hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by UserX View Post
                    The show made him broke? Yeah right. The show made him some nice scratch, his inability to budget and save made him broke.
                    The main thing that I learned from going to court for my DWI is that black people are always innocent and it's somebody elses fault. ALWAYS.
                    "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Originally posted by poopnut2 View Post
                      The main thing that I learned from going to court for my DWI is that black people are always innocent and it's somebody elses fault. ALWAYS.

You are 100% correct they always blame someone else

Comment

Working...
                      X