Rottweilers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rottweilers...

I have been offered a Rott with papers. Claims to be a descendant of one some of the Von Eric family had. The family that has it got it from a previous owner who was moving and left it behind and they got the papers from them. Now the current family is moving and cannot take him with them. They are offering him for free.

Don't hate me if I look at the business side of it too. I am a dog lover though I never cared if any of my dogs were pure and I never had a Rott. I would take good care of him. But, I wonder, does anyone have any experience breeding them? How do you go about it? Advertise a stud service?

BTW, I have ended up with a coondog too. No papers, but he's all boy with the biggest set of balls on a dog I ever seen. Dang near makes me feel inferior.

oi.

Comment

Comment

I will not own another breed. IMO, they are the perfect dog. Loyal, loving, excellent protectors, and extremely intelligent. Pure blood rotts that don't have any spots on their tongues are prized. Mine is pure blood, literally, her mother was a blue rottweiler and she has a black tongue, which is shunned by the AKC. Stud service should be easy if he has papers and looks good.

Comment

If you're coming on here to get advice, you have no business breeding a dog. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by Jenn View Post
            If you're coming on here to get advice, you have no business breeding a dog. Period.
            So if you were not born doing it, then you should never start?

STFU then. Doesn't hurt to ask questions.

Comment

Hip displasia is pretty common in Rott's too, but I do love them. Really loyal family dogs.

Comment

Yeah, he should use him for dog fighting instead.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  speechless? that's a new one.

In all seriousness, this dog needs a new home and quick. The family took the dog in when the previous low-life owners abandoned it. They happen to still know how to reach them and managed to get the papers. Unfortunately the current family is in a spot where they can no longer keep it either.

Comment

First thing I would be worried about is its temperament. If the dog has been owned by "lowlifes" then how did they take care of the dog. Rotts are very smart we found a rott and Put up posters for a week until we got the call from the owner. In the meantime we kept him in the garage to keep him seperated from our lab. the dog could open doors. But damn they chew the shit out of stuff the dog chewed up 2 drill chords and a skill saw chord.when the owner came by to pick him up he said the dog had lifted the handle on the cyclone gate and got out that way

Comment

rottweilers, much like bulldogs must be manually stimulated and artificially inseminated.. soooo.. get ready to be hands on in the breeding process
                      THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Originally posted by naynay View Post
                        rottweilers, much like bulldogs must be manually stimulated and artificially inseminated.. soooo.. get ready to be hands on in the breeding process
                        I'M OUT! lol

Comment

Do you get some kind of alert when a dog thread is started on here?

Comment

anyone remember the mofo's trying to sell the inbred rotties back in the day.. they were like black and tan and black and white spotted?
                            THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Spicy food makes my poop burn.

Comment

Working...
                              X