Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nothing like starting a rainy day with an accident.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nothing like starting a rainy day with an accident.

In the big town of Midlothian, two way street with slanted parking spots on either side to access restaurants and stores. I am parked. Get in back up 1.5 feet see a car coming and stop. I see her brakes lock up instead of her simply moving over six inches and the cell phone in her right hand with her eyes big as shit. Before I can say shit. Bam! Really does not do anything to the Jap truck except put a black mark on the tailgate where her mirror hit. Unfortunately, it knocked her mirror off.

Sad thing is, I will be at fault on this. Which sucks. What sucks even more, is outside of the mirror being knocked off, nothing else was damaged on her car. But she is late to work and I know she is going to drive all the way to Arlington with that mirror flapping in the wind. Causing more damage.

I would fight that your vehicle was stopped and her vehicle was in motion and cased the impact.

But, fighting big insurance is damn near impossible.

Comment

I don't know about you being at fault.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
        I would fight that your vehicle was stopped and her vehicle was in motion and cased the impact.

But, fighting big insurance is damn near impossible.
        I was going to call my insurance company Monday and see what they said about the situation. I do have a witness, but she was in the vehicle with me..

Comment

What are you doing in Midlothian anyways?

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
            What are you doing in Midlothian anyways?
            Girlfriend lives there. We were having breakfast.

Comment

Oh, not mush good to eat here. You should try Oma burger next time. They have a pretty good breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by inline 6 View Post
                Oh, not mush good to eat here. You should try Oma burger next time. They have a pretty good breakfast.
                Will try that next time. We were at Kim and Jens? I think that was the name. Not bad country breakfast. Just across from Campusano's

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                  Will try that next time. We were at Kim and Jens? I think that was the name. Not bad country breakfast. Just across from Campusano's
                  Kim and Jennys makes a pretty good breakfast.

Comment

Comparative negligence on both drivers.

Comment

i try to back into my spots when i park. your gonna have to back anyways might as well get it done first. it wouldnt surprise me if she hit you on purpose people are constantly looking for a way to get hit and get paid especially in this day and time.

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
                        i try to back into my spots when i park. your gonna have to back anyways might as well get it done first. it wouldnt surprise me if she hit you on purpose people are constantly looking for a way to get hit and get paid especially in this day and time.
                        To back in this spot, it would put you pulling out against traffic. She was just going too fast and messing with her phone. All she had to do was simply move six inches and it would not have happened, but she was playing with her phone, looked up and locked the brakes up.

Comment

Originally posted by SSMAN View Post
                          To back in this spot, it would put you pulling out against traffic. She was just going too fast and messing with her phone. All she had to do was simply move six inches and it would not have happened, but she was playing with her phone, looked up and locked the brakes up.
                          On the flipside, you could have backed up 6 inches less and it woul not have happened.

Just trying to twist the knife a bit.

Comment

Was it a Grand Am? Was driving to work today down 35 in Burleson and seen a GA with a hanging mirror.

Comment

Originally posted by Chocho View Post
                              Was it a Grand Am? Was driving to work today down 35 in Burleson and seen a GA with a hanging mirror.
                              Ford focus

Comment

Working...
                              X