Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question for the former military guys....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by naynay View Post
    pics of your broken nose?
    Just bumps and bruises. My nose is too small to break.
    Last edited by 03trubluGT; 09-29-2012, 07:05 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
      My nose is too small to break.
      Smells like a challenge.
      Originally posted by Broncojohnny
      HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

Originally posted by Nash B. View Post
        Smells like a challenge.
        lol
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

They can ask and the workers comp agent will investigate any prior injuries that may be a factor of your injury. It's how they determine what their liability is. And it's perfectly legal to ask because you are claiming a work injury. It can't impact your employment and if it did that would just be a lawsuit waiting to happen. The only way they can request medical information from the VA or any other provider is if you sign an authorization. The workers comp agent will probably request that you complete one for them.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

Comment

I was asked prior to being employed and told them of a shattered wrist in afganistan so they sent me to have it checked prior to employment and since I passed their exam and was hired they can no longer use it as preexisting since it is now in their records as their doctor saying that it had no lingering effects.

Comment

Originally posted by 03trubluGT View Post
              Isn't any disability status protected information from your civilian employer?

I was injured on the job Tuesday and I got a call today from Risk Management. One of the questions they asked me was if I was receiving any payments for a medical disability from my military service.

I declined to answer that, because I made a call to the VA in FTW about a suicidal subject and the director asked me if I was former military. I told him that I was, and he asked me if I was receiving any benefits. I told him I was not because I didn't want my job to fire me due to any issues that I may have had due to my service, and he said it was illegal for them to obtain any information unless I volunteered it.

I'm thinking this is the City's way of trying to trick info out of those that have served and have chosen not to disclose private information.

Any thoughts?
              Check PMs

Comment

Working...
              X