So I email the CEO of Home Depot....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So I email the CEO of Home Depot....

Last week I tried order a new "Work Sharp 3000" sharpener from Home Depot. This tool is normally $200 but they had it on clearance for $67. This tool is very highly rated in the woodworking world and is rarely on sale for less than $150.

The thing is, the tool was already sold out on Homedepot.com. However it was shown as "on backorder". So I go ahead and order anyways. I certainly don't mind waiting a few weeks for such a huge discount.

Fast forward to two days ago, I get an email that my order has been canceled. Looks like someone screwed up by saying it was on back order. This seemed to tick off quite a few people on the various woodworking forums I frequented.

So I found the email address of the CEO for Home Depot and wrote a quick message explaining the issue and pointing out the various forums that had been discussing this sale. I make sure to remain very polite and state that I was a regular customer and I intended to remain a regular customer. I also didn't ask for any specific compensation, but I was hoping for maybe a 20% off coupon. I gave this advice to the guys on the woodworking forum, one guy took my advice, several others laughed at me saying that there was no way the CEO of a multi-billion dollar company would give me the time of day.

Today I got two calls from Home Depot. The CEO (or someone in his office) forwarded my email to them. They called the manufacturer and they are having this tool OVERNIGHTED to my house. Oh, and it's FREE! I offered to pay the sale price but she was having none of it.

The one guy on those message boards that followed my advice got a $150 HD gift card. Pretty much the same value as the tool I'm getting.

Sometimes it pays to be nice.

Damn, cool to hear.

Comment

Woot!

Comment

Sweet... somebody does care about customer service still!

Comment

Awesome. Nice to hear in today's world of corporate profit > all attitude.

Stevo
          Originally posted by SSMAN
          ...Welcome to the land of "Fuck it". No body cares, and if they do, no body cares.

Comment

Send us his email!

Comment

Frankly I'm kinda amazed. I spread out my business between HD and Lowes but from now on I think I'll have to visit the HD store first.

Comment

That's pretty cool. I have always liked Home Depot over any other hardware stores, that i just another cool point for them!

Comment

Lowes is for women
                  http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

That's awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by ARIX View Post
                      Send us his email!
                      Frank_Blake@homedepot.com

Be sure to read this before you send a complaint. http://consumerist.com/2006/10/how-t...nt-letter.html

Comment

HD for materials, and tools. Lowe's for decorative shit like light fixtures, plumbing fixtures, etc.

I fucking HATE the complete lack of help at both stores, though HD is far worse when it comes to customer service. I once stood at the paint desk for close to an hour, and not one person asked if I needed help. I won't ever buy paint from HD again.
                        Originally posted by BradM
                        But, just like condoms and women's rights, I don't believe in them.
                        Originally posted by Leah
                        In other news: Brent's meat melts in your mouth.

Comment

That's pretty cool. HD recently went thru a lot of changes well a couple years ago I think), and tried to gear up CS and their bottom line. Seems like it has worked.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post
                            HD for materials, and tools. Lowe's for decorative shit like light fixtures, plumbing fixtures, etc.

I fucking HATE the complete lack of help at both stores, though HD is far worse when it comes to customer service. I once stood at the paint desk for close to an hour, and not one person asked if I needed help. I won't ever buy paint from HD again.
                            Liar. If you'd said "I stood there for 37 seconds before pillaging the paint and impaling the clerk" I might have bought your tale.

Comment

Originally posted by bcoop View Post

For me, it's the exact opposite. I can hardly walk 50' in my local HD store without someone asking if I need help. It almost gets annoying. Every time I go to Lowes, I'm searching for someone to help when I need it... fuck Lowes.

Comment

Working...
                              X