No announcement yet.

Large bank or credit union?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been using InTouch Credit union (formerly EDS CU) for over five years now with zero complaints. You only get 6 account transfers per month but that works fine for me. I usually make and check or cash deposits at the TexasCU in Lewisville to save the trip to Frisco.

Pentagon Federal CU seems to be the only CU out there that typically has better rates on loans...

One major reason I like CUs is that they are not tied to investment banks. Commercial and Investment banks were allowed to merge together after the Glass Stegal act was repealed. One of the reasons for the Great Depression was due to commercial and investment banking being combined in one unit. That led to a lot of people losing all their money when Wall Street screwed up. Unfortunately everyone forgot that lesson and repealed that law. It is one of the many reasons we ended up in the mess we had back in 2008..

Comment

Those fucking investment banks.
      Originally posted by davbrucas
      I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
        Those fucking investment banks.
        Yeah.
        Originally posted by Silverback
        Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Qualtrust CU has treated me well.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
            Occ?
            Office of the Comptroller of the Currency. They regulate financial institutions.

Ensuring a safe and sound federal banking system for all Americans
            Ded

Comment

Been with Texas Trust CU for about 3 years now. I like it. They have no limits on transfers between savings and checking accounts.
              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Originally posted by mustangguy289 View Post
                Been with Texas Trust CU for about 3 years now. I like it. They have no limits on transfers between savings and checking accounts.
                X2 on the Texas Trust CU. They have a webpage with a map of free atm locations. There are quite a few.

I also bank at wells Fargo though they are a pita. I have to go down there to get the fees straightened out from time to time. We also have accounts at Pinnacle Bank. They were close to a previous employer and are so easy to work with I just kept using them.

I like having several accounts as when a card gets jacked and shut down it is nice to have a fall back without waiting for another replacement card to show up.
                Rich

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
                  I've been with Bank of America for 16 years... no complaints really. I guess if I had to pick something, I don't like how they ding me if I make more than 3 transfers to/from my savings account from my checking account. But other than that, I like how I can send money to other BofA members instantly, I like the ATM deposits, and I like the mobile app that allows me to take a picture of a check and it deposits it into my account...

Any credit unions offer things like this? I've always heard credit unions are better to deal with... but I can't find any with decent features.

I have an old Credit Union of Texas savings account that is still active, but don't use it much...
                  boa has mobile deposits now?

Comment

Originally posted by onemeangixxer7502 View Post
                    boa has mobile deposits now?
                    yup

Comment

Working...
                    X