Large bank or credit union?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Large bank or credit union?

I've been with Bank of America for 16 years... no complaints really. I guess if I had to pick something, I don't like how they ding me if I make more than 3 transfers to/from my savings account from my checking account. But other than that, I like how I can send money to other BofA members instantly, I like the ATM deposits, and I like the mobile app that allows me to take a picture of a check and it deposits it into my account...

Any credit unions offer things like this? I've always heard credit unions are better to deal with... but I can't find any with decent features.

I have an old Credit Union of Texas savings account that is still active, but don't use it much...

Stick with BofA and make a savings account at a Credit Union. Its harder to pull funds from the Credit Union account due to lack of convenience. Kind of forces you to save money.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
      Stick with BofA and make a savings account at a Credit Union. Its harder to pull funds from the Credit Union account due to lack of convenience. Kind of forces you to save money.
      No problems saving, but I cant transfer money from checking to savings more than 3 times per month if I recall.

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
        No problems saving, but I cant transfer money from checking to savings more than 3 times per month if I recall.
        You can't transfer out of savings more than 3 times per month, IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
          You can't transfer out of savings more than 3 times per month, IIRC.
          I think the OCC only allows 6 transfers from savings to checking per month IIRC.
          Ded

Comment

Occ?

Comment

Ocd?

Comment

Ocp yea you know me

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk.

Comment

You down with opp?
                  Originally posted by davbrucas
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Frost Bank. Best bank I've ever used. Picture deposits, bill pay, transfers (as often as I want), checking, ATM reimbursments (even non-Frost ATM's) all free.

I also use Credit Union of Texas for auto loans. Bought my Shelby 500 @ 2.74%.

David

Comment

I like my credit union. I also dont get pissy if im out of town and get charged 3 bucks or whatever the fuck the atm fee is.

I also usually only have 20-50 bucks in cash always. Other than that debit cards. When it comes to loans and shit. i love my credit union rates.

Comment

Been with BOA for 19 years no complaints. I use them for everyday checking and savings. But I also have a small savings at members credit union, because it is so much easier too get a loan through them. Got my last 4 car loans through them.

Comment

The 6 transfers out of a savings account per month is a federal regulation for all banks and credit unions. With the terrible rates on savings accounts and CD's, the big difference in credit unions is they are not for profit, so as a member you enjoy lower rates on loans, less fees, etc.

A lot of credit unions participate in "Shared Service Center" which allows you to walk into one credit union and make transactions off of a different credit union. Kind of like walking into Wells Fargo and making a deposit/withdrawal to your Bank of America account, makes locations pretty convenient.

Scott
                          Scott Ganow
                          Lone Star Performance
                          16300 Midway Rd
                          Addison, TX 75001
                          214-630-5006

Comment

They all suck nowadays. TexansCU used to be awesome till 08'. Then we noticed employee's quiting, being moved around, less of them, and just an overall different feel. I would always ask the tellers if they were bought out. Always was told no. Then they started charging $25 monthly fee for the business account.
                            Then sat down and asked one of the non-tellers, and he said it was under the NCUA now.
                            Then they jacked up the online bill pay, log-in, etc.
                            Next time I went in there I looked a little closer at the nice NCUA sign they have in front of each teller.
                            NCUA National Credit Union Administration, a U.S. Government Agency.
                            Although Roosevelt signed the Federal Credit Union Act into law in 34'. Texans was not apart of it till after 08'.

If it's FDIC or NCUA, the gooberment has a part in it.
                            Which means to me, when a financial, economic, or whatever collapse happens, your assets will be frozen.

Executive Order # 11921
                            Allows the Federal Emergency Preparedness Agency to develop plans to establish control over the mechanisms of production and distribution, of energy sources, wages, salaries, credit and flow of money in the U.S.A. financial institution in any undefined national emergency. It also provides that when a state of emergency is declared by the President, Congress cannot review the action for six months.

FDIC

NCUA
                            The NCUA is responsible for regulating federal credit unions, insuring deposits, and protecting members of credit unions.
                            2 Chronicles 7:14
                            If My people, which are called by My name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Comment

Eecu has been great

Comment

Working...
                              X