Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's up for a $65m challenge?

Hong Kong tycoon recruits husband for lesbian daughter

A well-known Hong Kong billionaire has offered $65m (£40m) to any man able to woo and marry his lesbian daughter.

Property and shipping tycoon Cecil Chao publicly promised the "marriage bounty" after reports emerged that his daughter had wed her long-term girlfriend.

Mr Chao, who has never married himself, told the BBC his daughter was still single and needed a "good husband".

Same-sex unions are not recognized in Hong Kong, although homosexuality was decriminalized in 1991.

Gigi Chao, a businesswoman and graduate from the University of Manchester, is said to have married her female partner of seven years, Sean Eav, in a ceremony in France earlier this year.

But her flamboyant father rejected the claims as false, adding that his generous offer had already generated many replies from potential suitors.

"It is an inducement to attract someone who has the talent but not the capital to start his own business," Mr Chao said.

"I don't mind whether he is rich or poor. The important thing is that he is generous and kind-hearted."

"Gigi is a very good woman with both talents and looks. She is devoted to her parents, is generous and does volunteer work."

His public hunt for a husband notwithstanding, Mr Chao insisted he would not force his daughter to marry a man against her will.

Ms Chao said she found her father's plan entertaining and would not worry about it until an actual suitor had been found.

Hong Kong business magnate Cecil Chao offers a $65m (?40m) "marriage bounty" to any man who can successfully woo and wed his lesbian daughter.

Scopolamine, I win.
    Ded

Comment

eh. she's not hot, but for 40 million i'd give her half and let her munch carpet to her hearts content.

Comment

$40m is $40,000. I know they meant million, but that's not how you abbreviate million.

Comment

Well, it isn't $40 million either. It's $65 million.
          Originally posted by davbrucas
          I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
            Well, it isn't $40 million either. It's $65 million.
            Or 40 million british pounds

Comment

I'll tuck my dick and let her eat my Buffalo Bill Pussy for $65MM.

Comment

Originally posted by mstng86 View Post
                That's like 20m British tonnes!
                Originally posted by Broncojohnny
                HOORAY ME and FUCK YOU!

Comment

You denote british pounds with a "$"?
                  I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                    You denote british pounds with a "$"?
                    no, the story says (£40m)

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
                      I'll tuck my dick and let her eat my Buffalo Bill Pussy for $65MM.
                      excellent........slow clap
                      May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                      Semper Fi

Comment

no, the story says (£40m)
                        Precisely.

Comment

Hell, I'll sleep with Jester for 65 Million.......How yooou doin'?

Comment

Is she carrying a remote around? Surely they have slimmer phones...

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                              Hell, I'll sleep with Jester for 65 Million.......How yooou doin'?
                              for 65 mil, i will be one sexy bitch for ya!
                              May God give us strength and courage in the time of our darkest hours.
                              Semper Fi

Comment

Working...
                              X