Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this a scam?? Selling my friends Audi S5 and.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this a scam?? Selling my friends Audi S5 and.....

Guy sends me a text and states..."I'm currently off shore and I'm okay with the condition of the vehicle and I'm ready to purchase it. I have a shipping agent in TX who will handle the shipping for me. The only way I can pay is through PayPal. If this is acceptable, I'll send the payment asap.

$52 grand via paypal?? Scam?

Yeah.

Comment

got the same one for my bike.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Comment

That's what I thought. Thanks.

Comment

Would you ever send someone 52k for something you've never seen?

If they ever say they're out of country or they're willing to send a large sum of money without ever seeing the item, it's a scam.

Comment

Are you an idiot?

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
                Are you an idiot?
                Rhetorical, yes?
                How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

I had to explain this scenario to my dad yesterday. He thought he had a real, interested person in an email.

He began reading it, got two sentences, and I'm saying it's a scam. Poor fellah thought I was wrong so I had him copy and paste the email to a google search.

Comment

Totally legit, I sold the same guy a car last month.

Comment

wow

Comment

There's a sucker born every minute

I tried to help a female co worker find a civic for $8,000. Her first day after I sent her an email containing 20 or so acceptable listings on Craigslist and autotrader she tells me her boyfriend found a 2011 range rover for $4000. *sigh*

I explained the scam to both of them, they appreciated the information and I again offered to go along to inspect a few vehicles which they declined. I saw her a few days later and she informed me that she had went to see 2 cars I sent her links to but she didn't want to buy them because she wanted something a little newer. I sent her another set of listings and figured she would come to her senses

A week later she tells me she found a civic she lives, I ask her and she says it is a 2009 with 86,000 miles for $8000. I advise her that for that price and mileage the car most likely has a salvage title. She says she took it to her merchanic (who I pointed her to) and he said everything looked great and it had a clean title in car fax

I see the car the next day and I can see the waves in the bondo on the drivers side door from across the parking lot. The door is covered in bondo, and the front bumper and hood at mid aligned and hae been repainted. The trunk deck has oxidation and the Honda emblem is upside down, the rear bumper has runs in the paint. The passengers side has extreme paint blemishes

I go in and start asking her about the car. She keeps telling me how much she loves it and how cute it is. I ask her if she noticed it was in a few wrecks, she looks astonished and says no. Long story short the radiator support was held on by wood screws and some sort of putty the drivers side door was literally held on by random bolts from lowes, and the drives side seat had wood screws in the side bolsters. After showing her everything she asks how much my mechanic would charge to fix everything, I told her he couldn't fix it. She looked at me funny and said what do you mean, I said well a mechanic can't fix this car you need to take it to a body shop and it would cost around $15,000 to fix everything. Her only question after that was if I thought the car would be reliable

She had no idea of any of this. I asked her why the mechanic I sent her to recommended the car and she says well actually the Hispanic lady I bought it from took it down the street to a shop and talked to a guy in Spanish for a little but while I waited inside the shop, the guy came back after looking at the car and said it was great and I should buy it.

I still can't believe how stupid some people are when it comes to cars and life in general. She is trying to sue the lady she bought it from, I laughed and said good luck keep me posted

Comment

You too can get one of these!
                          Attached Files
                          "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by 4king View Post
                            There's a sucker born every minute

I tried to help a female co worker find a civic for $8,000. Her first day after I sent her an email containing 20 or so acceptable listings on Craigslist and autotrader she tells me her boyfriend found a 2011 range rover for $4000. *sigh*

I explained the scam to both of them, they appreciated the information and I again offered to go along to inspect a few vehicles which they declined. I saw her a few days later and she informed me that she had went to see 2 cars I sent her links to but she didn't want to buy them because she wanted something a little newer. I sent her another set of listings and figured she would come to her senses

A week later she tells me she found a civic she lives, I ask her and she says it is a 2009 with 86,000 miles for $8000. I advise her that for that price and mileage the car most likely has a salvage title. She says she took it to her merchanic (who I pointed her to) and he said everything looked great and it had a clean title in car fax

I see the car the next day and I can see the waves in the bondo on the drivers side door from across the parking lot. The door is covered in bondo, and the front bumper and hood at mid aligned and hae been repainted. The trunk deck has oxidation and the Honda emblem is upside down, the rear bumper has runs in the paint. The passengers side has extreme paint blemishes

I go in and start asking her about the car. She keeps telling me how much she loves it and how cute it is. I ask her if she noticed it was in a few wrecks, she looks astonished and says no. Long story short the radiator support was held on by wood screws and some sort of putty the drivers side door was literally held on by random bolts from lowes, and the drives side seat had wood screws in the side bolsters. After showing her everything she asks how much my mechanic would charge to fix everything, I told her he couldn't fix it. She looked at me funny and said what do you mean, I said well a mechanic can't fix this car you need to take it to a body shop and it would cost around $15,000 to fix everything. Her only question after that was if I thought the car would be reliable

She had no idea of any of this. I asked her why the mechanic I sent her to recommended the car and she says well actually the Hispanic lady I bought it from took it down the street to a shop and talked to a guy in Spanish for a little but while I waited inside the shop, the guy came back after looking at the car and said it was great and I should buy it.

I still can't believe how stupid some people are when it comes to cars and life in general. She is trying to sue the lady she bought it from, I laughed and said good luck keep me posted
                            Wow!
                            Some people need to be taught a lesson the hard way!!

Comment

Yep. I told her it would probably be reliable if it didn't fall apart first. The good thing about it is now everyone who works here knows what to look for in a car and I have atleast one person a month come ask me about buying their next car

Comment

Working...
                              X