Need to borrow a engine hoist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to borrow a engine hoist

The engine hoist that I have is about a foot too short to drop in the motor, even at the longest extension bolt.
    The bumper is not removeable.

Anyone got a long armed engine hoist that I can borrow for a day?

Jay Johnson
    Car hauler for hire

I dont know you so I might be willing to let you borrow mine if you leave me a deposit (you'll get it back provided you dont fugg it up). I'm in Duncanville and mine has a custom made extension arm thats quite long.

Comment

I've got a big ass A-frame you can use if you feel like coming down to Joshua.

Comment

A possible solution

My redneck cousin uses a jack stand on the lowest setting to support the the passenger side A arm (front wheel) on his circle track car. So an engine hoist can slide under the cars frame then he slides the engine hoist in place from the passenger side.

Comment

I'd have to agree. Let the air out of the front tires, or take them off and let the front down on some 4x4 cribbing, or ramps.
          Rich

Comment

Thanks ram57ta, I got the motor installed late last night. I might need to raise up the
            motor some. I'll return the hoist this weekend, after I fab up new mounts.

It's super roomy in there, for now.
            Jay Johnson
            Car hauler for hire

Comment

Originally posted by ram57ta View Post
              I dont know you so I might be willing to let you borrow mine if you leave me a deposit (you'll get it back provided you dont fugg it up). I'm in Duncanville and mine has a custom made extension arm thats quite long.
              Good to know. I have a waterfall I need to tweak or sayyyyy put a new liner in. You need a place to store that big ole thing.
              Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Working...
              X