AC Repair?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AC Repair?

Anyone have any reputable AC repair services in the Fort Worth / Roanoke area?

My AC hasn't been working like it should lately. It will stop blowing cold and sometimes the fan outside would stop working. I have found if we reset the breaker it will work for a few hours but stop shortly after...

Any help would be appreciated.
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Batson A/C

I will look for his Contact Info... He is re-doing our entire system. Great guy

Comment

Break out the meter.
      2006 Civic SI
      2009 Pilot
      1988 GT
      CRF50

Widebody whore.

Comment

TurboSkull1 on here helped (alot) button up my system after doing a handy man's special and installing it ourselves. He pulled a vacuum, charged the system, reset something in the condensor, checked for leaks and who knows what else.

He's quite busy, so contacting him might be tough.

Comment

Anyone have contact info?
          Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

817-851-8155 ofc
            817-887-2110 fax

Comment

Did you take the side off and look? Might be the capacitor. Does it look "bloated "? If not you probably need a new condenser fan motor. It should come with a capacitor. Hardest part is getting the old fan off the motor.
              Rich

Comment

A guy I went to high school with, Ricky Cox. He owns Texas Total Comfort Systems.
                Give him a call (817) 219-7744
                "It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom - for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself."

Comment

Originally posted by 347Mike View Post
                  Anyone have any reputable AC repair services in the Fort Worth / Roanoke area?

My AC hasn't been working like it should lately. It will stop blowing cold and sometimes the fan outside would stop working. I have found if we reset the breaker it will work for a few hours but stop shortly after...

Any help would be appreciated.

It is the capacitor. Mine did the same thing. Just take yours off and take it to a parts store and buy another one. Real easy to replace. Just shut the power down, and also the capacitor does store some juice. So don't touch the top plugs.

Comment

Call Mr EDd

Comment

So who the hell sells capacitors locally?

Home Depot and Lowes doesn't sell them apparently and now the outside unit doesn't stay on for more than 4 seconds without tripping the breaker..

I have called 6 different places in the last 10 minutes and no one has a damn thing.....
                      Last edited by 347Mike; 09-25-2012, 11:31 AM.

Comment

You need to hit an a/c supply house. A/c supply, morrisons, johnstone supply, lennox, carrier. You might need a hookup. If you keep running it you could burn up the compressor. High head pressure is not good.

What part of town are you in? Have you located the capacitor in the unit? It will have writing on it to get one with the same or close ratings. The micro farad, and voltage are important. If it isn't bloated up you might need a new motor.
                        Rich

Comment

My outdoor unit isn't coming on, already checked fuses and breakers. It's not power because I can hear a hum at the condensor fan motor. I cannot get the blades to spin using a stick. It spins freely when unit is off, doesn't seem like the motor is frozen. I think I need a new capacitor... where can I get one? I have a

Comment

Thanks. After about 8 calls I finally found American Heating and Cooling off Highway 10. They have one for $30.

Comment

Did that fix your problem?
                              If it weren't for the gutter, my mind would be homeless.

Comment

Working...
                              X