No announcement yet.

Can anyone identify this tree?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man.... When i saw this picture I thought you took a picture from my yard... lol It looks identical to my tree and my neighborhood. Oh and my tree attracts wasps too..... I have been in my house for almost 3 years and it grows slowly. It is probably twice that size (from a leaf majority perspective), whatever that means...
    Originally posted by Cmarsh93z
    Don't Fuck with DFWmustangs...the most powerfull gang I have ever been a member of.

Comment

[QUOTE=SMKR;821753]can you get a close up of the leaf? I believe it is a bur oak,

this

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
        Crepe myrtles for sure. I have none on my oaks, nor doi remember ever seeing them around oaks like that.

Wht kind of oaks, Matt?
        Not sure what kind of oak, but if it's a bush/shrub/tree, it has wasps.

We also have a Bradford pear tree and you can shoot it with the hose and see the wasps GTFO.

Comment

Bur Oak.

Comment

You DO NOT have a ticket tree, sir.
            2015 Premium GT (50th Anniversary Package)
            2014 Lincoln MKT

Comment

Have you tried fire?

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                I would say oak also. I have 4 gigantic ones in my front yard and they don't attract wasps. That said, I have willows at my car lot that leak sap and those suckers have wasps and insects all over them.
                In for another tree sap incident.

Comment

What's going on at the base of the tree. The ground looks like there is a bald spot.

If there is a hornet nest in the ground then the wasps are there to fight for the food supply.

I just recently watched an insect war happen in our back yard. The wasps were winning for a while, but they finally retreated.

The hornets were the small yellow and black striped ones.

Comment

Working...
                  X