looking for a truck, any ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• looking for a truck, any ideas?

Im looking for a small to mid-sized truck, something a little bit nicer as i am getting out of a 25 year old car, in the price range of $3500-$4500.

i am not worried about power, really just something reliable with good mpg and ac.
    Last edited by Papa2418; 09-21-2012, 12:27 AM.

Ford Ranger?
    Hellcat Charger

Comment

Originally posted by Got5onIt View Post
      Ford Ranger?
      Mine's been good to me for over 100k miles. It's a 4-door 4x4 with the 4.0 v6 though, so mileage isn't the greatest, but better than a full-size with a V8.

Comment

Used Toyota Tacoma, first gen Tundra or T100, used Nissan Frontier. Just about any of the Toyota trucks from the late 80's-late 90's are just about bulletproof. I guess you could consider a Ranger or its Mazda clone but I highly suggest the V6. Dodge Dakota's are good trucks and the latest Mitsubishi small truck is a Dokata with different badges (the V8's are gas hogs but they move well if you get the R/T). The last gen Chevy S10 and GMC Sonoma's are pretty good trucks.

Comment

In the family we have both the tacoma and the dakota. One with the 4.0 v 6 and a 2.0 inline 4 both get good mileage although I wished the dakota would show it more as it is a inline 4. Im not sure what the accurate mpgs are as these use km rather than miles and they are driven rather hastily as they are in mexico. But I would pick up a tacoma.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2
          First hand witness at the failure of public healthcare.

Comment

I have a Dakota for sale in the classifieds. It's a nice truck and way under your budget. I daily drove it and liked it better than my old 4 cylinder S10.

Comment

Shameless plug

<----Haz truck for sales
              Ded

Comment

For a mid size I take a taco or look for a decent rcdb Chevy/GMC.

Couldn't pay me to own a Dakota.

Comment

02 Silverado 2500hd duramax 4x4!

Id look at a Ranger if I could get away with a small/midsize truck.
                  "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Treybiz View Post
                    For a mid size I take a taco or look for a decent rcdb Chevy/GMC.

Couldn't pay me to own a Dakota.
                    Nobody had to pay you when you owned your last one
                    --Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by mystic96 View Post
                      Nobody had to pay you when you owned your last one
                      One Short Block, Two transmissions, one steering rack, and an axle shaft+ Ring& Pinion Later before 70k miles you now couldn't pay me to own one.

Stupid thing spent more time broken down than running and don't even get me started on the interior.

Comment

One Short Block, Two transmissions, one steering rack, and an axle shaft+ Ring& Pinion Later before 70k miles you now couldn't pay me to own one.

Stupid thing spent more time broken down than running and don't even get me started on the interior.
                        What's up with the interior?
                        ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Originally posted by Yale View Post
                          What's up with the interior?
                          Windows worked when they wanted to.
                          A/C Never really worked.
                          Vents fell off without being touched.
                          Headliner started falling down when the truck was 4ish years old.
                          Guages went dead for about a week twice.
                          And everything that could rattled.
                          Passenger seat broke loose on the sliders when I stopped fast on the highway.

Comment

Windows worked when they wanted to.
                            A/C Never really worked.
                            Vents fell off without being touched.
                            Headliner started falling down when the truck was 4ish years old.
                            Guages went dead for about a week twice.
                            And everything that could rattled.
                            Passenger seat broke loose on the sliders when I stopped fast on the highway.
                            Damn, I bet that was fun for you passenger.

My Ranger has been pretty solid, nothing other than regular maintenance. The locking system on the Ford bed cover quit working, but that's an option I don't see a whole lot. A rock took out a fog light and cracked the grill, but that's not the trucks fault, other than not being solid enough plastic I guess, but you'll get that on a lot of vehicles.

Comment

I sold a regular cab ford Ranger a few months ago with 144K. it only had one brake job, and the AC had to be fixed. Other than that, the truck was solid and dependable.

Comment

Working...
                              X