Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GOOD upholstery shop in Arlington/Mansfield?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weld the doors up while you're at it!

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
      Dynamat roof when headliner is out. Foil and foam.
      That's the plan.

Comment

Bills upholstery in arlington did some good work for me. Good service

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
          Bills upholstery in arlington did some good work for me. Good service
          Bring your wallet

Comment

Originally posted by hawaii5.0 View Post
            Bring your wallet
            You get what you pay for I guess

Comment

Originally posted by QIK46 View Post
              You get what you pay for I guess
              I've used him on 3 cars, he does great work. I've also found a local guy that does the same quality work for about half the price. To each their own.

Comment

Crush never texted me anything, which is just as well. I decided to take my stuff over to Herman. Dropping it off tonight. I decided against two-tone and will just get new leather on the front seats (the backs are in good shape), leather on the console/box, and matching vinyl on the headliner and visors.

I will definitely post up the results.

Comment

Ol' Herman has one more week to make things right or I'm going to come in here (and everywhere else I can) and give a detailed write up on exactly what my experience has been. If I wrote it today, it would be really, really, really bad.

I am steaming right now, but I will give the old guy a chance to make it right. I don't have high hopes.

I'll go ahead and say that I am beyond shocked that he got two recommendations in this thread.

Oh, and I'll post pictures if/when I give my review. You guys won't believe it if I don't.

Comment

Originally posted by jluv View Post
                    Ol' Herman has one more week to make things right or I'm going to come in here (and everywhere else I can) and give a detailed write up on exactly what my experience has been. If I wrote it today, it would be really, really, really bad.

I am steaming right now, but I will give the old guy a chance to make it right. I don't have high hopes.

I'll go ahead and say that I am beyond shocked that he got two recommendations in this thread.

Oh, and I'll post pictures if/when I give my review. You guys won't believe it if I don't.
                    That's not cool. He's only done seat recovering for us, and did them well. I hope I didn't steer you wrong
                    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                      That's not cool. He's only done seat recovering for us, and did them well. I hope I didn't steer you wrong
                      I am so baffled. I honestly wonder if he has gotten bad into drugs or booze or something that is fucking up his work. I want to hold back a little bit right now to give him a chance to make things right.

Comment

Damn dude. That sucks.

Comment

Don't hold back Jared, if it pissed you off like this, it must be horrible. Post a pic if you have one

Comment

Originally posted by lowthreeohz View Post
                            Don't hold back Jared, if it pissed you off like this, it must be horrible. Post a pic if you have one
                            In due time.

It may not matter a whole lot, but I want the leverage of the potential bashing to help me get the job I paid for. If he fixes everything, I won't give him any glowing reviews, but I'll just not say shit at all. If he doesn't make it right, the gloves come off. I gave him a little more than half up front, and that's probably as good as gone, but I'll make sure the word of mouth costs him more than what I'm out.

Anyway... I'm trying to vent a little without getting more riled up.

The worst part is I'm up against a deadline of less than three weeks due to a road trip with my truck. If I give him a week, and it isn't right, I have to have another shop do the job in a hurry so I can do what I need to do before I go.

And ya, he's had my shit for 25 days with a 7 day promise. And hasn't even started on some of it. That's just a small part of the story...

Comment

Man, I feel like shit. I hate that he didn't do at least a reasonable job after I recommended him. I'm sorry, and thanks for posting that your truck wasn't done well . I have 3 cars that need upholstery work soon.
                              "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Well shit dude. Very sorry to hear that, I know how you are with your rides.

Comment

Working...
                                X