Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my 5.0 back from the body shop... am I too picky?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
    Awesome. Good to hear they're working with you.

Every shop has bad days, man.

I just had to swap out some equipment that I installed and took for granted that every aspect of it worked flawlessly. Frickin' electronics...
    Everything got covered under warranty and the customer was in and out in less than 30 minutes. I apologized for his inconvenience of having to drive back and forth for my screw up and he shook my hand with a smile and said, "No worries. You handled everything for me and will continue to handle any questions I have from here on out."

Hopefully your outcome will continue on the path it sounds like it's on.
    Exactly,..Im not a real asshole and as long as they are professional and make it right. I am a happy customer. Is it an inconvenience ? Absolutely, but like you said everyone has a bad day.
    sigpic
    '13 GT Boss302 intake, Lethal OR/X, Magnaflow Street catback
    99 Trans Am M6 little Voodoo cam some suspension stuff .....

Comment

Ive actually seen personally that handling a problem quickly, efficiently and without hassle to make a customer happier with you and more willing to come back down the road.

I guess it falls under the "this guy will take care of me if there is an issue" mentality, and that will override the differnce in a higher price to some folks.
      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Snatch Napkin View Post
        Every shop has crappy quality control and only fixes shit RIGHT for those that complain, man.
        Fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
          they should make it right, but as an example of how "right" some well known body shops expect to get it, craigs collision won't work on any corvettes because the owners are "too picky" (this is coming directly from a buddy who is a service writer for them).

i agree with the above statement that if you can identify problems the work wasn't done correctly.
          What writer to you know at Craig's ?

Comment

The part that kills me, is that they have someone who's supposed to look for this kind of shit. They obviously know it's a black car, the worst color in the world to repair, and they should take extra care to make it right.

I know it's not everyone, but it sure seems a lot of places don't take the time to make one clean, and trash free before they spray it - and rely on bieng able to 'buff it out'.

Comment

The old guys say "it's not how you put in on,it's how you take it off"

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
                they should make it right, but as an example of how "right" some well known body shops expect to get it, craigs collision won't work on any corvettes because the owners are "too picky" (this is coming directly from a buddy who is a service writer for them).

i agree with the above statement that if you can identify problems the work wasn't done correctly.
                Years ago my mother had a 00 Civic SI (like most of those it was eventually stolen and stripped) and Craig's collision fixed a minor ding immediately under the passenger 1/4 window. The black car came back with a purple 1/4 and no OEM decal

Best I could find with a quick google search.

Then it came back with a black quarter, but very flat and still no OEM decal.

Then it came back with nice paint and still no OEM decal.

At that point my mother gave up and I got a local non-chain to order the decal.

My mother always dings her cars into shit, I mentioned this to the guy at the next bodyshop, he didn't end up charging a dime for the decal/install. So my parents started going there. He ended up putting a new bumper cover/grille/hood on that Civic after the next incident, all new front panels on her Acura RL, and a complete respray on my step-father's car (just oxidized red paint, he doesn't crash shit) that I know of, possibly more work. So how much did fucking up a sticker cost Craig's, maybe 12-15k worth of work??? Funny how that works.
                US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

Working...
                X