No announcement yet.

buying a new daily driver, advice?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vote for the TL ... I loved ours. Only reason I sold it is b/c it's long as shit and I live in urban/parking hell.
    Last edited by slow99; 09-12-2012, 10:51 PM.
    Originally posted by davbrucas
    I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
      Foxbody plus 7k in mods=9's in the 1/4.
      '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
      '13 Dodge Cummins
      '14 Rubicon X

Comment

G35x
        "Any dog under 50lbs is a cat and cats are pointless." - Ron Swanson

Comment

Bronco II
          THE BAD HOMBRE

Comment

Only 39k miles and can hold at least 4 bodies in the trunk.

Comment

Get the TL. Make sure it has a 6 speed. And if you ever have an accident and it totals out. Keep me in mind to buy the tranny from you.

Comment

I don't how reliable these are, but they sound fun

Last edited by Duncan; 09-13-2012, 08:25 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bad Religion View Post
                  Those are clean but they are not anywhere close to 10k. 04-08 TL's are nice cars. You could probably find a type S close to 10k
                  02-03 Type S are in that range, but they had horrible trans issues. Im going to agree with prior post that the 1st gen TSX would be a great daily. The problem is its no where near a midsize like OP wants.

Comment

Acura TL would be my pick. My wife sold her 05 to a guy with around 100k miles on it. I saw him a few months back and he is now getting close to 150k and not a single repair

Comment

I have been trying to convince myself to sell my s-10 and get something different/nicer. I found an 05 tsx, gray w black leather and navigation with 156k miles for $7000 the listing says 4cyl auto. Any input?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using Tapatalk 2
                      Originally posted by Leah
                      Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

Infinity m45 or the q45. Big body cars with rear wheel drive and a v8 motor. You could also find a really nice is300 for 10k

Tsx's are fine, they just seem to really show their age past 100k miles. With any front wheel drive import I always figure the car will need a new timing belt in the next 20k miles

Comment

If you look at V6 Accords or Acura TL's be mindful of the transmission problems they've had. I think it was the '03 & '04 Accord V6's with AT and the '02, '03 and '04 TL's with AT that had transmission problems. I had an '03 Accord that had to have the transmission replaced at 39k miles. It was fine after that so I guess Honda got it figured out but just check into the history if you look around those year models.

Comment

If I could sell my firebird I would have bought this car the first day it posted

Comment

I test drove an 06 black on black g35x today.. I really liked it. They want 12500 for it, I might get it, but I'm still going to look around a bit more.
                              ازدهار رأسه برعشيت

Comment

Originally posted by matts5.0 View Post
                                I test drove an 06 black on black g35x today.. I really liked it. They want 12500 for it, I might get it, but I'm still going to look around a bit more.
                                2005/2006 G35 is the best years they made that car, if you have the VIN# i can probably pull up service history...

Comment

Working...
                                X