home owners insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• home owners insurance

my policy was 983 last year and it looks like this year it is going up by 15 % to 1130.00. my house was 140k when i bought it 3 years ago. how much are you guys paying and are there any companies to look at. i would like to bundle my car insurance if it saves me money.
    Last edited by TEAMJACOB; 09-05-2012, 06:08 PM.

bundling saves you money.

do you have state farm by chance? I think insurance in general is supposed to go up in the state.

Comment

Anica is who I use. Part of the reason for the rise in cost is due to the rise in cost of building supplies.

Sent from my Galaxy S III

Comment

2152/year for 200k house. that includes $450/yr for my wife's wedding ring set

a little on the high side but because I've had a few claims they said

safeco and I do have my car with them too...

FYI with safeco you have 1 deductible so if you get hit with hail and you need a roof on your house and all your cars repaired you only have to pay the highest deductible *your home
        1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Mine is Mercury. $1000 for $300000

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
          2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

forgot to add i have poor credit. not mouth hit the floor poor but not good and not excellent. i think that matters also with insurance guys

Comment

Mine is 1150 for 252K coverage on the house, 85% content coverage of value on house, 15,000 coverage on additional dwellings (Back Awning, etc)

Comment

Insurance in the state of Texas is/will be going up this year. Loss ratios for all carriers in Texas have gone up over 100% in the past 2 years due to the bad weather we have had. Your increase of 15% is on the low side compared to a lot of other carriers.

One person mentioned bundling and that does save you money. Credit is also a contributing factor but it's not the end all be all. Shop around, you may be surprised, but be careful, a lot of consumers do not know what actual coverage they have. You may call an agent and get a premium, but then find out the hard way that your roof wasn't covered or that your contents will not be replacement cost etc.

I am a sales manager for an insurance carrier, let me know if I can help.

Who is your policy with now? What form is it HOA, HO3, HOB etc It should say at the top of the declarations page.

Comment

Got a quote for $753 on 250k for my new house.
                  07 GT500
                  05 SRT10
                  88 turbocoupe T-bird
                  93 Cobra
                  86 coupe
                  Ducati 848

Comment

I'm paying $710 a year for 210k worth of coverage. I also have a $1,000 deductible across the board. Doesn't matter what caused the loss.

Comment

Originally posted by jason07 View Post
                      Insurance in the state of Texas is/will be going up this year. Loss ratios for all carriers in Texas have gone up over 100% in the past 2 years due to the bad weather we have had. Your increase of 15% is on the low side compared to a lot of other carriers.

One person mentioned bundling and that does save you money. Credit is also a contributing factor but it's not the end all be all. Shop around, you may be surprised, but be careful, a lot of consumers do not know what actual coverage they have. You may call an agent and get a premium, but then find out the hard way that your roof wasn't covered or that your contents will not be replacement cost etc.

I am a sales manager for an insurance carrier, let me know if I can help.

Who is your policy with now? What form is it HOA, HO3, HOB etc It should say at the top of the declarations page.
                      well i may be over paying. i submitted to some bullshit site that will have a bunch of insurance companies call me tomorrow so i will hash it out tomorrow. pm me your number so i can call you. thanks for everyone's replies.

Comment

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
                        Got a quote for $753 on 250k for my new house.
                        Originally posted by FreightTrain View Post
                        I'm paying $710 a year for 210k worth of coverage. I also have a $1,000 deductible across the board. Doesn't matter what caused the loss.
                        Ya'll need to share the name of your carrier when you post those numbers..

Comment

Originally posted by 2165 Turbo Rail View Post
                          2152/year for 200k house. that includes $450/yr for my wife's wedding ring set

a little on the high side but because I've had a few claims they said

safeco and I do have my car with them too...

FYI with safeco you have 1 deductible so if you get hit with hail and you need a roof on your house and all your cars repaired you only have to pay the highest deductible *your home
                          Damn that sounds high for both coverages. Does your wife have a 36,000 wedding ring?!

Comment

I was just in receipt of my renewal and it went up about 30-35%.

$1484.74 / year
                            $365,000 Dwelling
                            $36,500 Separate Structures
                            $273,750 Personal Property
                            $146,000 Loss of use
                            $1,000,000 Personal Liability (each occurrence)

$3650 deductible for wind/hail/cyclone/all other covered loss or damage

Good deal? It was about $950 last year and I don't think I changed anything.

Comment

I pay about a 1000 a year for 300k for the house, and another 100k for exterior buildings
                              "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

Working...
                              X