DIY Auto Repair Garage in Plano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DIY Auto Repair Garage in Plano

Seems like a pretty good idea. http://www.jackjunkies.com/index.html It opens this weekend.

"Rent-a-Bay. Rent-a-Tool. Do-it-Yourself! Jack Junkies is a revolutionary concept in the DFW Metroplex offering do-it-yourselfers, car enthusiasts and "moonlighters" a 15,900 sq. ft., state-of-the-art, 18-bay, DIY auto repair facility. We provide the bay, lift and tools and you save $$$ by performing the repairs yourself. It's that easy."

That's a little expensive I would say. My garage doesn't charge me anything.
    Wanna see my care face???

Comment

I remember a thread on Canada with a board member trying to do this very thing...helluva concept...

Sent from the front seat of the Amberlamps!

Comment

Seems like there would be too much liability for that to fly. Dumbassery would be off the charts and there is a lift involved.

Comment

I like it, be nice to use a lift at times

Comment

Originally posted by EW View Post
            Seems like there would be too much liability for that to fly. Dumbassery would be off the charts and there is a lift involved.
            First thing I thought of too. I'm sure they have an irod clad release of liability waiver you must sign.

Comment

Yup, law suites waiting to happen, even with a signed waiver. Also I can imagine that there will be a lot of equipment damage caused by dumbassery as well.

Comment

"My Bay" in Denton is the same thing

Www.Mybayauto.com
                1969 GTO Judge Clone 6.0 liter LQ4 Turbo 4L60e on LS1tech

1960 Chevy Sedan Delivery LS swap

Comment

Theres one in Carrollton that charges $40 and they're always booked.

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx

Comment

I've used the NAS Fort Worth JRB Hobby shop with is similar to this (much cheaper) and the guys there were clear on using the lifts. They wouldn't allow you operate them alone. I would guess the instruction is about the same.
                    sigpic

Comment

That's a great idea. I hope they do well.

Comment

Originally posted by RCITNet View Post
                        Theres one in Carrollton that charges $40 and they're always booked.

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx
                        Where? Whats their name?

Comment

That ain't no shit, ive come close to dumping a couple, Trucks can be tricky to lift safely, some of them are wobbly as fuck. I don't feel safe under it till jackstands are under it.

Comment

Originally posted by TRAXX View Post
                            Where? Whats their name?
                            This is that one, i think. http://www.s2carbonworks.com/
                            Can't beat them, Join their NEW message board !!

Comment

I wonder what plan they have to prevent tool theft, and theft vandalism of the other vehicles left in the shop?
                              www.dfwdirtriders.com

Comment

Working...
                              X