X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helluva storage find!

Body parts found in auctioned Florida storage unit
    By the CNN Wire Staff
    For $900, the winning bid at a Pensacola storage auction got the contents of Unit B12 – and a police investigation.

(CNN) -- For $900, the winning bid at a Pensacola storage auction got the contents of Unit B12 -- and a police investigation.
    Police say body parts belonging to more than 100 people were found stored in formaldehyde inside the unit, in plastic containers, specimen cups, trash bags and even a 32-ounce Styrofoam cup from a convenience store. Some of the containers had cracked and leaked, police said.
    The discovery was reported to police Friday after the purchaser of the unit began going through the items, said George Klages, manager of Uncle Bob's Storage.
    Investigators know the unit was rented by Michael Berkland, a former associate medical examiner, but they're now trying to figure out if a crime was committed, said Capt. David Alexander of the Pensacola Police Department.
    He said authorities have made some attempts to reach Berkland, who worked for the Medical Examiner's Office between 1997 and May 2003, when he was fired for failing to complete autopsy reports in a timely manner.
    Berkland, who is no longer licensed in Florida, was also at one point a private pathologist, Alexander said. Families would sometimes contact him for second opinions about autopsy decisions that had been rendered, he said.
    Police said Klages told them Berkland rented the unit from April 8, 2009, until it was auctioned August 22. He said Berkland was late on rental payments several times during the lease but usually paid right before the unit contents were to be auctioned.
    The storage unit also contained office furniture and other property.
    Police say the remains are believed to be from autopsies Berkland did between 1997 and 2007 at funeral homes in Pensacola, Tallahassee, Fort Walton Beach and Panama City. Some of the containers had labels with names and autopsy dates but others did not.
    The remains are now with the Medical Examiner's Office. The Pensacola Police Department said it is not releasing the inventory because some of the decedent families may not be aware of the investigation.
    The State Attorney's Office and Medical Examiner's Officer are also taking part in the investigation.

Surprise!
    Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
    Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
    Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
    You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

Elvis calls dibs on any penii found.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        Boosh!

God Bless
        Token Split Tail

Originally posted by slow99
        Lmao...my favorite female poster strikes again.
        Originally posted by Pokulski-Blatz
        You are a moron .... you were fucking with the most powerful vagina on DFW(MU)stangs.

Comment

You back to "work" woman? We're going to have to get an Arlington Lunch GTG rolling again. Hopefully Matt doesn't show up and assail my masculinity.

Comment

I would make a frankenstein.
            Ded

Comment

Yeeeeeep!

Comment

there's an arm and a leg joke in here somewhere...
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Hopefully Matt doesn't show up and assail my masculinity.
                  Nah, he would only do that if he pulled you over and his prowler had in-car camera issues. He already showed up to one with Brent and he sat in a corner, quiet as a church mouse while nibbling on crackers and cheese...
                  Originally posted by Silverback
                  Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by CWO View Post
                    Yeeeeeep!
                    Actually its Yuuup!
                    sigpic

Comment

You back to "work" woman? We're going to have to get an Arlington Lunch GTG rolling again. Hopefully Matt doesn't show up and assail my masculinity.
                      Too late?

Surely I'm not the only one that saw that.
                      sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                      17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                      13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                      86 SVO - Sold
                      '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                      01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                      65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by mustang1200 View Post
                        Actually its Yuuup!
                        my bad

Comment

Even funnier, I am actually in FL this week!

God bless.
                          It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by ELVIS View Post
                            Even funnier, I am actually in FL this week!
                            Where at in Florida, I have a few safe houses down there. Tampa, Miami and in Destin/Panama City Beach area (Niceville).
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                              Where at in Florida, I have a few safe houses down there. Tampa, Miami and in Destin/Panama City Beach area (Niceville).

Bring me back an Asian chick he is hidding in one of those houses, God Bless!

Comment

Working...
                              X