Teachers or JuCo professors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Teachers or JuCo professors

Do any of our teachers on the board know what teaching certs are needed to teach at community colleges? I'm close to finishing my masters and I'm thinking about a career change before I get too many years in municipal govt that it becomes hard to escape.

for JC it probably depends on the district, and probably a real word skill set can be counted as an exemption for the teaching cert, Districts/schools can also get emergency certs if needed

Comment

Rough place to be if you're newly married....and faithful.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean88gt View Post
        Rough place to be if you're newly married....and faithful.
        No shit. Might I suggest remedial math if you're going to teach anything though.

Private tutoring lessons for all those who have a vagina!
        How do we forget ourselves? How do we forget our minds?

Comment

To teach at a CC or JUCO you need atleast a masters degree. You'll have to start as adjunct faculty and do that for a LONG time before you get a tenure position. Just FYI "academia" ,as they like to call it, is full of liberals. It drives me insane but I deal with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
            To teach at a CC or JUCO you need atleast a masters degree. You'll have to start as adjunct faculty and do that for a LONG time before you get a tenure position. Just FYI "academia" ,as they like to call it, is full of liberals. It drives me insane but I deal with it.
            What is the hell is the difference ... is there a difference?
            Originally posted by davbrucas
            I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

How often do you have to deal with academia?

Comment

Originally posted by slow99
                All the time ... in the Sociology dept.
                I read that as Vertnut for some reason. Nevermind my question, Venom.

Comment

Originally posted by slow99 View Post
                  What is the hell is the difference ... is there a difference?
                  Not a damn thing. Just different names.

Comment

Had a new teacher last night and he directly answered this. For a technical degree/class you need a degree in that program (so an AA or better) and 5 years of work experience

Comment

Some JuCo's are Masters w/ atleast 18 credit hours in that field.

Comment

Not a damn thing. Just different names.
                        I thought it might have some correlation with the ability to live on campus, lmao. The 2 "jucos" I have experience with allowed students to live in dorms. I've never heard of a community college that offered that.
                        Originally posted by davbrucas
                        I want to like Slow99 since people I know say he's a good guy, but just about everything he posts is condescending and passive aggressive.

Most people I talk to have nothing but good things to say about you, but you sure come across as a condescending prick. Do you have an inferiority complex you've attempted to overcome through overachievement? Or were you fondled as a child?

You and slow99 should date. You both have passive aggressiveness down pat.

Comment

Working...
                        X