Kiteboarding/Kitesurfing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kiteboarding/Kitesurfing?

I know it's probably a long shot, but does anyone here kiteboard? I just bought a board, 14 meter kite and a 3 meter trainer kite. I am looking to get lessons but the few folks that give them here in DFW seem to be booked until next year. I know that it depends on the wind, so I might have to wait until the fall.
    Anyone here participate in this sport/hobby?

I just found out about this at work, some 45 year old guy was talking about it. Sport is expensive to get started but looks like loads of fun.
    De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

There is always quite a few of them off Dalrock on Lake Ray Hubbard.

Comment

It's not too bad if you go used. I got this complete setup for $500. The 14 meter kite might be a bit much for a n00b but that is part of the reason I am looking for someone to show me how to kitesurf.

I guess I will have to take a trip down to Padre and take some lessons there.

Comment

There is usually a group on Benbrook. I've never tried it, but would if I could get a cheap startup.

It looked damn fun.
          sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
          17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
          13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
          86 SVO - Sold
          '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
          01 TJ - new toy - Sold
          65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

The guy I talked to recommended lessons, bad shit can happen if you don't know what your doing. Why would you take lessons in Padre? That's a 10 hour drive. Is there not anything closer?
            De Oppresso Liber.

Comment

i did it a few times in maui....kind of a crazy feeling being lifted out of the water with a strong up-draft....was fun and will try it again soon

Comment

I started getting into it when I lived in Florida and lessons are a must. A buddy of mine and I thought we could just do the trainer kites and then move on to the bigger ones...he ended up getting drug down the beach about 50 yards because he freaked out and pulled the bar instead of letting go when a big gust came. I stopped when i moved to Texas and now that I live in New Hampshire I probably won't do it again any time soon.

I've got a pretty decent cabrinha kite and board I'll sell pretty cheap if anyone is interested.

Comment

That is why I posted this thread. I cannot find anyone local to give me lessons and I was hoping someone here was into the sport so they could help me learn. The only thing I can think of now is to go down to Padre and take lessons there.

What is the size of the kite? Does it come with the bar and or harness? How old is it?

Comment

Originally posted by fredfarmer View Post
                    I know it's probably a long shot, but does anyone here kiteboard? I just bought a board, 14 meter kite and a 3 meter trainer kite. I am looking to get lessons but the few folks that give them here in DFW seem to be booked until next year. I know that it depends on the wind, so I might have to wait until the fall.
                    Anyone here participate in this sport/hobby?
                    PM sent

Comment

Replied!

Comment

Originally posted by DFWTruewindKiteboarding View Post
                        PM sent
                        I have no idea what this person's intentions are...

Comment

Whatever it was, they never followed up with me...

Comment

Apologies

Originally posted by fredfarmer View Post
                            Whatever it was, they never followed up with me...
                            I was on a rock climbing trip without cell coverage, but with plenty of rain

I'll send over the info to your email address.

Comment

No sweat man, hope ya had fun. I will follow up with you later today when I have some more time to check out what you sent.

Comment

Working...
                              X