Money Network debit card scam?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Money Network debit card scam?

My dear wife got a job and her payroll is put on this Money Network Visa debit card. Her first check ended up on it before we could change to direct deposit. It looks like there is no choice but to sign up for the damn thing to get her money. I had hoped we could just get a check since we had not activated the card. Reading on the web, it seems its a big scam and a lot of consumer complaints of terrible customer service, empty promises, etc and you could not get your money without agreeing to their terms and activating the card.

Anyone else dealt with this?

Activate it, go to ATM, then deposit it into your bank account?

Comment

Time for a new job! What kind of shady place puts your paycheck onto some debit card?

Comment

The company my mom works for does this and they haven't had any problems with them

Comment

Originally posted by GE View Post
          Time for a new job! What kind of shady place puts your paycheck onto some debit card?
          I was reading about it online and it appears a lot of your minimum, near minimum wage jobs are using this. Walmart, Autozone, Pizza Hut, etc. Its like the defaulto if you don't have a bank account. People also use it to put money on it for their kids at college so they have a "credit card" the parents can recharge.

Comment

There are a LOT of companies that do this, mainly for employers that have a high number of lower waged hourly employees that would frequent check cashing places.

It's an employer provided value add when necessary, however I've never heard it being mandatory.

Comment

My unemployment comes on a debit card.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
              2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

We have the option of a PayCard or Direct Deposit... I try and get everyone to go get a free checking or savings account... The fees with the PayCard are ridiculous

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post

So did my friends for two yrs until they stop payments to him.

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post

I hate having to wait behind people at the bank trying to get money off their govt debit card. They are always trying to get more money then is on the card and holding up the line.

Comment

Originally posted by Frank View Post
                      Its like the defaulto if you don't have a bank account.
                      That sounds like a great way to pay illegal aliens. No bank account? No problem.

Comment

Originally posted by GrayStangGT View Post
                        I hate having to wait behind people at the bank trying to get money off their govt debit card. They are always trying to get more money then is on the card and holding up the line.
                        Not my fault the govt doesn't pay us more. Lol

2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Working...
                        X